[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR: AK vs donkbet after 3bet

• cindy1985
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with K A
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises to $4.75, 4 folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: 5 6 Q ($11.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $8, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $8 returned to UTG.

Final pot: $11.25

I really dont know how to react against such donkbets. Should I raise here, althought his range to call a 3bet should not be thaty wide... I've seen afterwards that the villain really loves to donkbet, does that change anything in this reraised spot?
  • 3 replies
    • darkonebg
      He donks kinda big here, Im used to get donked in similar position with like 1/3 of the pot, I guess they have the idea of a "blockbet" or whatever, as they almost always fold to a reraise. In your case, I dont see a weaker hand to make such a big donk, so fold is certainly considered without reads. If he loves to donk, you could try to reraise him, representing the monster you were representing preflop, but the pot is actually too big to manouver, so i wouldnt.
    • wutes
      you didnt post the initial stack sizes, but if we assume 50 $, then the pot is indeed getting to big for just A high if you call, therefore fold
    • Thorsten77
      nh - a raise is a pure bluff and I don't think its profitable. If you see him donk betting a ton, try to check which hands he donks and then make a decision based on this information.