This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A9o SB vs Fish BTN limp

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $3.85 (77 bb)
      BTN: $0.97 (19.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $8 (160 bb)
      BB: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      MP: $4.85 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A 9
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.15, BB folds, BTN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.35) 2 K 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.35 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: 2 K 5
      BTN mucked and won $0.34 ($0.19 net)
      Hero mucked A 9 and lost (-$0.15 net)

So my raise should be 20c, but should I even play that hand there? The BTN is 52/14 over 27 hands so it's pretty clear that he is going to play that hand and I will be OOP. So I should just raise and see what the flop brings, and if I don't hit then just check till the end or until he raises?
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Against a player that can't fold to raises you shouldn't be doing it pre-flop. If you are going to raise here anyway you have to make it bigger and then bet/fold or 2-barrel, if he folds on turn but not on flop. This way you just donate money. Bet/fold at least :)

But if you feel unsure, rather just call or fold pre-flop and do these moves when you are in position.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Could still CB it whilst may even have fold equity. Vs those loose guys you can't real isolate and then have a plan of CBetting only when hit. Then wont end up with profit with that.

Best Regards.