• AdamsNaFun
      Hi, my name is Adam, but people call me Snafu.

Im coming from Poland. I moved back to my country few days ago from England. Its one of the reason i joined english forum. I want to use my english as much as it possible to develop it.

I started my poker adventure in 2010 i played more for fun on full tilt poker as a sng player. I build my bankroll from 20$ to 120$ but we all know what happened than. After that i tried my skills on PartyPoker with also positive results, playing cash games and mtts. Last december i started to play on P* Sngs 6max but after 3 months i was close to clean my bankroll. I had only 10$ and my friend told me to start playing sngs 45/90man starting from 0,25$ buy-in's. I build my bankroll to 270$.

Nowadays im back to Poland and im starting new job from next monday. I think i wont have enough time for Sngs 45/90man, so i want to start playing cash games, starting from NL 2 Shorthanded, developing my skills and increase a limits step by step. I started to learn from polish videos (Crushing micro stakes series) and im reading a book "Treat your Poker like a Business" written by Dusty Schmidt.

Thats all about me. From now im in your hands guys :)

P.S. My english language isnt brilliant so if i make any mistakes dont be shy to ask or correct me. Thx.
  • 2 replies
    • AdamsNaFun
      I read all articles, watched all movies with "Coaching Podcast - Live Coaching Week 1" and in next few minutes im going to join coaching with BogdanPS.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Money, a lot off easy money in wrong hands :D . Freedom, you can play whereever you are or want (except USA). Independence, you are the architect of your own fortune, you are the master of your own destiny. Development, you have to learn and work on your skills all the time, because game is evolving, so its never boring. Rivalry, as a young ex basketball player and ex football player competition was pushing me to never give up, always give 100% from yourself to rich a success, nowadays i can find it in poker :) .

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      When im playing poker i have problem with concentration. But the worst weaknesses are when im not playing. There are laziness, aversion to learnning, lack of discipline, lackluster enthusiasm.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Playing certain range of "monsters" hands and try to make maximum value on them by betting, raising, reraising our opponents, to make pression on them, and force them to make mistakes.
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Don't worry about your English, I understand so far everything. :) Most of the ENG community members ain't native speakers.

Discipline is common problem for a lot of players. Few things you could set up for yourself is that you can put a plan which you follow. How long sessions you have, when you play and not only about poker but could even set up some other schedule as well like doing some sports. But keep in mind that forcing yourself and getting used to the schedule is kind of must. At first it might be difficult but after time you adjust. :) The same goes for distractions what are common to happen when you ain't disciplined enough, try to remind yourself what you are doing on the table! Focusing enough is the key.

Being not enough concentrated, being lazy, all those things will make you lose a lot money. Do you want that? No, of course we don't want that, therefore treat it as business as you pointed out from the book. It's very important to do that.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy being with us here and will enjoy the course. In any case you have questions about anything then feel free to ask it, I will try to respond as soon I read it.