Card Dead - call with trash?

• ZODECI
      ZODECI
      Bronze
      When I mean card dead, I mean no broadway cards, no pairs, no gappers, no connectors, no suited cards.

With about 6-8bb and in the final 20, do you start calling the SB shove in BB with 92o, 83o, T2o and pray that you at least have live cards? after you've folded 12bb away bcuz your cards are garbage?

*edit calling SB shove when you are in BB
  • 7 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Never call with crap. Calling is only about the equity, and with crap you simply don't have the equity vs their range.

You can consider late position shoves with crap (especially if folded to you on SB) if you know your tight table image will be noticed, and most likely will not go to showdown anyway and even if you do you're still usually live because your cards aren't in their calling range (unless they have specific pocket pairs that cancel your outs). Its all about teh fold equity. :f_biggrin:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      never call unless you've already put in a huge chunk of your stack with blinds/antes.

Ideally you should be shoving way before you reach this stage, even with trash.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZODECI
      When I mean card dead, I mean no broadway cards, no pairs, no gappers, no connectors, no suited cards.

With about 6-8bb and in the final 20, do you start calling the bb shove with 92o, 83o, T2o and pray that you at least have live cards? after you've folded 12bb away bcuz your cards are garbage?
      its the same for everyone , just some keep building up there stack while others site there getting blinded away

never limp , shove when you can with no other players in , even if you are called the odds is still 65/35 at worse , shove ICM players as they will fold if they have not got odds to call , just keep the stack moving
    • ZODECI
      ZODECI
      Bronze
      Should have added more detail. Forgot to mention that there was no (good) chance to open shove during this short period. Unless I shoved UTG with the hands I mentioned above. There was a 2-way all in (where I would be covered) where I had ATo that I probably should have called in LP but I folded.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      if we shove we have fold equity, If we call we are always seeing a flop so dont call just shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppp
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      What about shoving ranges when there are limpers in the pot?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      In general you should shove way more then you are willing to call in this situation. I would never call an allin with garbage that doesn't give me enough equity for the call. Instead I would rather push it first in from UTG since I at least have some FE that way.

@Tampaloeres81:
      It very much depends on the situation. F.e. bubble factors, table flow, stack sizes, payout and blind structure etc. If you are interested in this questions please open up a new thread since it would take us away from OP's question.

Regards,
      Asaban