Huge Leak?

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I think I have found a huge leak in my game, in the "Just Called" section of my stats. My W$SD is terrible here, this means I really need to work on my postflop calls, right?

• 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Its because your WTSD(went to showdown) is extremely high. It should be 25-30 range and your way over that. Your a total station :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Which WTSD is the accurate one here overall though? It's the 36.63% given on preflop that's the overall WTSD for when I don't have the initiative, right? I do agree that I am calling too often, but for example the 99.67 on river is inevitable, since if I Just Call on the river its going to showdown 100% of the time except those rare occasions when a 3rd player makes a squeeze. When I had a quick glance at the 99.67% I freaked out, but then realized it was (given that I call, WTSD=x) :f_biggrin:

So ideally I reduce my WTSD pots by at least 20% (36%->30%) when I don't have the initiative, right? I think a lot of it comes down to turning a set mine into a bluffcatcher and calling down a couple of half pot barrels on something like J34 only to find they have either a better PP or Jx.

Thanks for the help :f_biggrin:
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Right, so I played 1k hands today and tried to focus on not being such a station with mid pocket pairs and I think this is where the leak was because WTSD has decreased.

The problem however, is that these 1k hands were a massive consistent heater (not above EV but just hitting very often for an unsustainable 37bb/100). Obviously running really well is abnormal and therefore the results don't mean much at this stage.

So I am not sure that I can take this change in stats as indicative of me starting to fix the leak. I did feel like I was being less of a calling station with medium pocket pairs, but this was easy because I was flopping really well all around. I think maybe my medium pocket stationing tendencies might creep back in during times when I'm not hitting flops and I need to make sure that doesn't happen.
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      can i know if this is HEM? can also see that if i play SNG's not cash game?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I am not entirely sure. I would imagine that HEM would have most if not almost all of the same stats as PokerTracker, just presented in a slightly different way. And I definitely believe you could have them just as easily for SNG as for cash games. Its in the "Details" tab of PokerTracker, so check HEM for similar areas.

Hopefully someone who knows their way around HEM can help you.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Moved to a more appropriate forum