BB: $8.33
      UTG: $6.49
      UTG+1: $10.30
      Hero (MP): $4.00
      MP+1: $8.25
      CO: $8.85

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP+1 calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 7:heart: J:spade: 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.50, MP+1 calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.30, MP+1 calls $1.30

River: ($4.35, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero ???

Villain was unknown because I just sat down at the table.
      I think I played standard mss game until the river, where I wasn't quite sure how to react to that king. Do you think I should check/call or push the remain of my stack?
  • 4 replies
    • maythany

I just made the move from sngs to cash so my reasoning could be flawed.

Preflop: Good, I would raise 2.5x but that's just preference.

flop: I'd bet more to protect my hand and charge the maximum for opponent to chase draws.

Turn: Good bet

River: With the action on both previous streets, I really don't believe your opponent would float a king high with all this heavy betting on your part.

If you check call then essentially you'll be going all in anyways because a half-size pot bet from villain would be over $2.00 so I would just go all-in.

Hopefully a judge can swing by this post within the next few hours and add to what I posted here.

Hope I helped,

• Tampaloeres81

I thinks its fine until the river. You could bet 0.60 on the flop because its so connected.
      As stated by maythany there arent many Kx floats in his range. If we bet he'll fold all his trash and call with stuff that beats us. So the options are c/c or c/f.

Looking at MP1's stack he is fishy as he has less than 100xbb.
      If he's passive we should c/f. Otherwise i'd c/c to bluffcatch all his missed draws or Jx.

• JohnDoe1313

I would bet more on flop and turn. My prefered river move is shove. Kx doesn't hit his range expect KJ, K :heart: x :heart: . Your opponent seems fishy (stacksize) so he might call Jx. Imo we cannot c/c profitably, because we don't know if he's capable of bluffing river vs missed draws or worse hands in general. I think he will check back worse most of the time.
    • ctstc
      I would bet the River. Villain won't have a K often in this Situation. Maybe a KJ, but you should be better very often.