This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH QQ -call R?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Both villains are unknown

Flop: Multiway and vs unknowns: I didn't see any point in betting. I think it would turn my hand into a bluff. Plan was to just x/f unless it was a particularly small bet.
      Turn: Make it bigger here? Was expecting to see bet/call from AX or better.
      River: When villain donks again on R with such a small sizing I assumed he had a marginal hand that he wanted to get to showdown cheaply with. My plan was to raise/broke vs a 3b since I think weaker 2pr's and sets play the same way. The only hands I am worried about here are 9T/KT which I think are fairly unlikely.

Is it better to raise/call than raise/broke here?

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $2.70
      CO: $3.37
      BTN: $5.23
      SB: $0.92
      BB: $4.11
      Hero (UTG): $4.01

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.16, MP calls $0.16, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) 8:heart: A:club: 5:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.50, 3 players) Q:diamond:
      BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, BB calls $0.36

River: ($1.46, 2 players) J:heart:
      BB bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.93, BB raises to $1.70, Hero raises to $3.37 and is all-in, BB calls $1.67

BB shows T:heart: K:diamond: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 28%, Flop 14%, Turn 9%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: Q:heart: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 72%, Flop 86%, Turn 91%)
      BB wins $7.79
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      raise turn bigger, to around .70, and jam river over opponents block bet.

as played after your river raise i would most likely fold to villain's click back, as this from my experience is never a bluff, unlikely to be 2 pair combos, and most likel T9/KT type hands
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Cheers buddy,

and jam river over opponents block bet.

What's the reasoning for jamming? To give him the opportunity to call off with a weaker range instead of clicking back with what is more likely to be the nuts?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Raise the turn bigger, though otherwise either jam the river for value vs 2pairs such holdings or Raise/Fold it. Doesn't make sense to raise this amount and then even hope to be ahead whilst SD got there which will be his turn calling range.

Best Regards.