[NL20-NL50] NL 25 SH AKs vs Unknown

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

CO ($48.10)
      Button ($24.65)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($20.40)
      UTG ($12.10)
      Hero ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with , .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, Button raises to $2.5, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($5.35) , , (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Button raises to $7, Hero raises to $25.5 (All-In), Button folds.

Final Pot: $19.35
  • 7 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I would 4bet him preflop.As played, I would check/call flop.In this situation, its very likely you forced an overpair to fold, but it wouldnt be the case too often.
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I actually think I made a mistake by calling oop.

The flop play was good imo, as I think I have decent fold equity, and quite a few outs even if I'm called

My tight image was another factor that increased my fold equity
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, I wold actually discount my overcard outs here, as we are most likely against AA/KK. The reason of check/caling here is to keep the pot small with your draw. And normally, you dont have any fold equity against aces or kings here.
    • wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      I disagree acctually, darkonebg, first you say you would 4bet preflop but then add that we are most likely against AA or KK in which case we would either get raised again and would have to fold or most likely lose the the hand at showdown.

I would just call preflop even though having to play out of position afterwards.

Salflips postflop play is a very aggressive way of playing your flush draws with overcards which is an alternative especially with a slightly smaller stack (around 50 to 70 BB). But with both players having full stacks, I would prefer check calling on the flop (since AA or KK would usually call the all-in leaving you behind) and trying to hit my flush however.
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I have to agree with wutes, although playing oop sucks, if I 4 bet him, what am I going to do if he reraises?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      @wutes - I have no idea what he has preflop, as his 3bet range can be pretty loose. I draw my conclusions from postflop, where a monster would reraise here.

@sailflip - You will fold.The 4bet preflop will give you the exact knowedge where are you at. This way, even if an K(A) hits, you just have no idea, and you will be playing for stacks pretty often against overpair/topset
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t mind getting it all-in pf. So I´d rather 4-bet, but since his 3-bet was so small, then you should make it 10$ and shove with any flop if he decides to call.
      calling small raise oop with that strong hand is also fine, but I´d chose another line. C/r flop, shoving any turn if he doesnt´show. AA or KK is very unlikely, since you hold A and K and against overpair you´re flipping.