BTN: $18.21 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 19, 3B: 7, AF: 3,3, Hands: 70
      SB: $84.85 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 15, 3B: 11, AF: 0,6, Hands: 101
      BB: $25.00 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 7, AF: 2,8, Hands: 130
      UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 11, AF: 2,0, Hands: 57
      Hero (MP): $26.02 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 4,8, Hands: 90087
      CO: $59.02 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 0,8, Hands: 60

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with K :club: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.65

Flop: ($5.15) Q :diamond: Q :spade: 7 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.15) T :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.75, Hero folds

Opponent – sort of unknown, looks like a reg.

Preflop: not sure 3Betting is best here because it is difficult to say whether I can do it for value. Most likely not.Though cold calling doesn't sound all that +EV to me either, especially since there are so many players left to act behind.
      1) So 3Betting might actually be the best choice in vacuum?

Postflop: Chose not to double barrel (I presume we have to double barrel to ever get rid of any PPs) but checked instead, since his range may easily be pretty tight already + tough to say how much FE I have.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

What's the reason for 3betting and not CBetting such a flop? Do you think he calls only PPs preflop? You don't even need to double-barrel here always, can easily do it just for FE + also gain a free card for the river.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      OK, my bad :) his range indeed can probably be wider than I assumed before.

1) Is a 3Bet preflop in this particular soit not preferable even if we don't assume that we are going to get called by a lot worse hands?

2) for future situations – if I had a large sample size on him that would indicate that his preflop openraise/calling range in this spot is very tight, would it make sense to check it back?

We could assume that we are most likely called at least once and it would be difficult to double barrel anyway. And little fold equity + a free river card wouldn't sound all that good in that spot
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Is a 3Bet preflop in this particular soit not preferable even if we don't assume that we are going to get called by a lot worse hands?

3betting is considerable from MP instead of calling and giving opponents behind you decent odds. We don't want to play such a hand being OOP. But as I said if you also playing aggressively preflop then with position we could still CB and reevaluate further actions.

2) for future situations – if I had a large sample size on him that would indicate that his preflop openraise/calling range in this spot is very tight, would it make sense to check it back?

Depends again as always, you say you have huge sample -> then should also know how he plays postflop and either you are able to make him to fold PPs or not.