DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $26.06 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 4,8, Hands: 90087
      BB: $6.15 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 24, 3B: 7, AF: 8,0, Hands: 119
      UTG: $10.19 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 8, 3B: 8, AF: 4,0, Hands: 140
      CO: $26.52 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 3,5, Hands: 59
      BTN: $27.41 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,3, Hands: 41

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 4 :diamond: 4 :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 6 :club: 8 :diamond: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.10) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.27, Hero raises to $13.25, BB folds

Opponent: so far looks loose but doesn't seem to be openlimping that much, thus probably has some clue about the game.

Preflop: could have considered minraising instead? To leave more room for postflop play?

Postflop: somewhat OK?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Check/Raising will just kick out all mediocre hands, he can't really continue there. So I don't like it at all, just 2nd barrel it.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) If he is folding his mediocre hands to a check/raise on the turn, is he not analogically likely to fold them to a 3rd barrel on the river anyway?

He ought to have a somewhat wide flop calling range and by 2nd barreling we likely just kick out all his floats that might bet vs a missed turn cBet.
      Whereas given his stack size OTT it wouldn't be difficult to imagine him feeling committed vs a checkraise with a weak pair or even a draw.

The biggest problem with my check/raising line though is the possibility of him checking behind. Then, indeed, we might lose quite a bit of value since a push vs his stack size OTR doesn't seem convenient.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      1) If he is folding his mediocre hands to a check/raise on the turn, is he not analogically likely to fold them to a 3rd barrel on the river anyway?

He ought to have a somewhat wide flop calling range and by 2nd barreling we likely just kick out all his floats that might bet vs a missed turn cBet.
      Whereas given his stack size OTT it wouldn't be difficult to imagine him feeling committed vs a checkraise with a weak pair or even a draw.

The biggest problem with my check/raising line though is the possibility of him checking behind. Then, indeed, we might lose quite a bit of value since a push vs his stack size OTR doesn't seem convenient.
      Why would he? You have much weaker hands in your 3barreling range than Check/Raising range on the turn which rarely is a bluff?
      Bronze
      You have much weaker hands in your 3barreling range than Check/Raising range on the turn which rarely is a bluff?

That seems to be a point that matters vs thinking opponents only, I presume.
      And since we cannot be 100% sure villain is a big fish, it is a very relevant point to this situation?

Or would you even recommend 3barreling vs openliming bad shortstacks as well?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      You have much weaker hands in your 3barreling range than Check/Raising range on the turn which rarely is a bluff?

That seems to be a point that matters vs thinking opponents only, I presume.
      And since we cannot be 100% sure villain is a big fish, it is a very relevant point to this situation?

Or would you even recommend 3barreling vs openliming bad shortstacks as well?
      I am 3barreling here vs any opponent, cause clearly you ain't gonna get called from loose range on the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Veriz, look @ bb's stack. If he bets he's commited. + he can perfectly float the flop. Don't see why check and let him put the money in, is bad...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Veriz, look @ bb's stack. If he bets he's commited. + he can perfectly float the flop. Don't see why check and let him put the money in, is bad...
      If we think that is going to maximize our value then sure. But I just see that his calling range is going to pay our Bet on the turn the same way and we secure that he wont Check behind.