BU = (€26.37)
      SB = (€4.42)
      BB = (€14.77)
      UTG2 = (€9.18)
      MP1 = (€4.13)
      MP2 = (€9.20)
      MP3 (Hero) = (€12.86)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to €0.30, Hero raises to €0.90, 4 folds, MP2 calls €0.60.

Flop: (€1.95) 7, 4, T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets €1.30, MP2 calls €1.30.

Turn: (€4.55) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets €3.00, MP2 calls €3.00.

River: (€10.55) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets €4.00, Hero calls €4.00.

Final Pot: €18.55.

Results:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sevens(A A).
      MP2 shows two pairs, nines and sevens(J 9).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and sevens(A A).

Kind of a tricky hand. I soooo wish I had stats for this player.

Pre-flop : He tanks for a bit and raises to 3BB, I snap 3-bet, and he calls pretty quickly.

I put him on something like TT+ / AQ-AK, maybe KQ ?

Flop : C-bet for protection, he calls. At this point I'm thinking he has an overpair which is obviously really good for me.

Turn : A pretty meaningless card, I fire the 2nd barrel for protection still.

River : The river card brings up a third on the board AND it pairs the board.
      Villain ships it instantly.

TT has just improved to a very good full house on the river but I can't see him realistically check/calling both the flop and the turn with such a hand on such a drawy board.

7x has gotten better aswell but not only did I not put him on such a hand it's also very unlikely that he's called me on 2 streets and jams it when so many better hands are possible.

Now he could have made the flush and his line makes sense if it's a draw he was on. I called the river shove because of the range of hands I put him on at the start. He can't have A:cK or A:cQ, and I can't see him doing this on the river without the nut flush on a paired board. Also I get 3.5:1 pot odds so I felt like it was worth the risk of him turning over a made hand.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elda420,

Well, but what do you expect to have beat on the river? :P Do you see him shoving overpairs there as JJ/QQ/KK? Or what did you hope that he is coming up with=

Best Regards.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      I only beat a bluff here of course.
      Putting everything together it just "felt" obvious that he was trying to represent the flush with nothing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by elda420
      I only beat a bluff here of course.
      Putting everything together it just "felt" obvious that he was trying to represent the flush with nothing.
      Nothing but what nothing would float the flop and turn? :)
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      I guess Tx, two suited overcards that hit a draw on the turn, maybe QJ ? And of course any overpair that he turns into a bluff so JJ+. Guy was pretty fishy.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Usually with unknowns I 'tend' to think as they can always surprise you, lol.

- overpair: I tend to think that overpairs tend to check/call as that is what he has been doing, and he probably doesnt like a flush card on river. But mostly I would think that he might want to raise stronger overpairs on the flop/turn with so many draws around.

- sets: I would tend to think he would check-raise that flop with a set. Or go strong on the turn, as again there are so many draws out there and you seem to have a strong hand as an overpair that would pay.

- 1 pair hands: he could be that kind of player that has decided to call you down if he hit any piece of that flop. However, again, I would tend to think as it is a 3bet pot he will want to either kick you out or give up. Not sure how 1 pair hands on flop would react...They might be donking to test you if he is that fishy...

- draws: most possibly. Sometimes he might donk that river. But as you have shown willingness to bet, and he has so little left, he might check/call it. Also it is a paired river, so even when he hit his flush, no is not that strong, is it. I tend to think he wouldn't donk a flush. But here I am still unsure as I haven't pinned down river plays very well yet :D

(I think it is a great piece of info that you have the A :club: btw)

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot: straight made on turn (I did think of J8) they are always check raising, arent they? Actually any made hands on turn are check raising as he has only $4 left behind. Even may be draws...oohhhh....I 'tend' to think while I talk/write, never before :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by elda420
      I guess Tx, two suited overcards that hit a draw on the turn, maybe QJ ? And of course any overpair that he turns into a bluff so JJ+. Guy was pretty fishy.
      Doubt that he is willing really to turn many overpairs into bluff, rather plays them passively. QJ isn't that likely cause it's a 3bet pot so why would he float with it unless it's a FD? The same applies for Tx hands.

So you are practically only against missed FD as you mentioned cause clearly he doesn't have that many overcards either which float vs you in that spot, isn't it so? So therefore very few hands which you have beat. You have to expect him to overplay TP/overpairs to call it down profitable. Or just have a lot missed draws and included even 56 or something similar.