Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $5.11 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 12, 3B: 1, AF: 0,7, Hands: 162
      BB: $5.24 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 7, AF: 1,2, Hands: 156
      CO: $4.21 - VPIP: 64, PFR: 40, 3B: 25, AF: 2,8, Hands: 73 WTS:38
      Hero (BTN): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 47092

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with Q :spade: K :spade:
      CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 2 :diamond: J :heart: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.57) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.57) T :spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.75, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.57
      CO wins $0.55
      (Rake: $0.02)
  • 15 replies
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

3-bet pre-flop for value!

As played, turn is not the best card, because villain probably donked with FD on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather fold the flop, your equity ain't that good! Don't level again yourself. And as played rather Bet the turn to protect from 1card FD.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather fold the flop, your equity ain't that good! Don't level again yourself. And as played rather Bet the turn to protect from 1card FD.

Best Regards.
      true, true
      btw how does 3bet(/push) sound preflop? :f_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      true, true
      btw how does 3bet(/push) sound preflop? :f_cool:
      Why would you 3bet/Push it preflop?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      value? At least a min3bet, it is going to make the pot bigger, so much easier to stack postflop dimonated hands.

Min3bet is a viable option in my opinion in many cases. SO much easier to narrow down ranges etc.

Maybe I'm going to implement mindonkbet or something aswell, it's pretty useful.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      value? At least a min3bet, it is going to make the pot bigger, so much easier to stack postflop dimonated hands.

Min3bet is a viable option in my opinion in many cases. SO much easier to narrow down ranges etc.

Maybe I'm going to implement mindonkbet or something aswell, it's pretty useful.
      Min-3bet nor min-donkbet ain't a play. It's the same as you would say why I can't min-raise preflop with AA. :D Just don't do it and don't even think of doing it, there is practically no strategy behind it but just giving very good reason for him to understand that you have a weak hand and give good odds to call.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      On the flop? Such a tiny bet.
      He's so loose, dont we have the implied odds?
      I mean, we could call a minbet, this isnt much bigger.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We do have some implied odds for calling but as you can see here we don't really know how to play our hand later. So folding would keep things simple for you and avoid costly mistakes.

I'd much rather prefer to raise/fold then call in these spots (unless I have some sort of showdown value or reads).
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Looking back this hand, if we just call the preflop raise, the SPR is 11, which is very bad for our hand.
      If we reraise to 0.3$ and he calls, the SPR is 6, which is terrific against this loose player.
      He will make the biggest mistake by calling with a dominated hand, and if we both hit a pair, calling me down. I dont have to raise bigger for that, because
      1) if we both hit, we are going AI anyways
      2) if I miss, and he goes into aggro-mode, I would just loose more money if I raised more preflop, so there is really no point doing it

,,But Imimba, we win money by forcing other players to make mistakes, and 3betting so small gives him good odds to call"
      -yep, but there are 3(!) more betting rounds, and I have the position. Dont see preflop and postflop game seperate, they are connected. Calling with a crappy dominated hands out of position is a bad decision even when he gets the odds. There is not any bigger "mistake" than going AI with a worse hand. So, that should be our goal.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Vs this type of player the ev of 3betting KQs >>> calling. Simply bcos h never 4bet bluffs and he calls with so many wors hands. Post flop playability is great, we can play for stacks anytime we hqve q strongdraw or top pair. Also he will inform u if he has a stronger hand (by 4betting). 3bet broke is a very bad play simply bcos his 4b range crushes u.
      By 3betting, we expect him to call really often. U dont need to make it big, just 2,5x his open with this particular hand cos we dont want him to fold any part of his opening range. U also get to isolate him and play headsup, in position with the initiative.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Vs this type of player the ev of 3betting KQs >>> calling. Simply bcos h never 4bet bluffs and he calls with so many wors hands. Post flop playability is great, we can play for stacks anytime we hqve q strongdraw or top pair. Also he will inform u if he has a stronger hand (by 4betting). 3bet broke is a very bad play simply bcos his 4b range crushes u.
      By 3betting, we expect him to call really often. U dont need to make it big, just 2,5x his open with this particular hand cos we dont want him to fold any part of his opening range. U also get to isolate him and play headsup, in position with the initiative.
      sweet
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      there are many ways to nirvana