[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom AKo

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.31 (115.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.60 (280 bb)
      BB: $1.07 (53.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.44 (72 bb)
      MP: $1.74 (87 bb)
      CO: $1.25 (62.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.26) K 4 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.08, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.22, UTG calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.70) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, UTG calls $0.37

River: ($1.44) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.77 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.44 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: K 4 2 T 9
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$0.67 net)
      UTG mucked and won $1.39 ($0.72 net)

Think I made mistakes on every street? Lol.

PF: 3-bet?

Flop: Raise bigger? And fold to 3-bet?

Turn: Bet bigger? Or even shove because of bigger raise on Flop.

River: Shove half pot when 3rd heart lands, really not sure where I'm standing now so decided to play it safe and fold.
  • 4 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      This is the type of spot where it is difficult to give a good answer without any info on villain.

Generally when you post a hand you should give as much info you have on villain: stats, notes you have, timing tell etc....
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Dublinmax, only has 2 hands on Villain so unknown, no notes, timing tells etc.

I FEEL it's a close call/fold w/o any reads. But of course I don't even know if I'm doing the right stuffs. Lol
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      ok so let's try w/o stats.

MP seems fishy givent his stack size. So does UTG.
      So pre flop that's certainly a 3B. You can expect to get called by Mp and maybe even by both.

As played on the flop. I think we have the option between donking or x/raising.

Donking because we would hate it if it checked through giving free cards.
      I think x/r is also good if we think MP will CBet often on that board. Also since we have Kh it is not too bad.

I would raise bigger OTF for sure. 0.26/0.28 should do the job. Remember villain is a fish so go big for value. He will call you anyway w Kx and his FDs.

If you raise bigger OTF then you can probably shove the turn with a slight overbet (stack sizes are akward).

Hope that helps
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cheekopeh,

Preflop: Could easily raise it for value here even vs most likely loose stacks.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Raise the flop bigger and vs his stack could just ship the turn. :)

Best Regards.