This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom 99s

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.82 (141 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $1 (50 bb)
      UTG: $2.12 (106 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.02 (101 bb)
      CO: $1.53 (76.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 9
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 6 9 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.47) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN calls $0.32

River: ($1.11) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.82, BTN calls $0.82

Results:
      $2.75 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 6 9 2 A 5
      BTN mucked 2 2 and lost (-$1.36 net)
      Hero showed 9 9 and won $2.65 ($1.29 net)

PF: Standard open

Flop: Decided to X/R to build a big pot, and okay to give a free card if Villain X as board is so dry. Raise bigger?

Turn: Bet 2/3 for value

River: Bet for value. Was deciding if I should over-bet pot shove.. Thought Villain probably didn't really like the Ax thus will only call smaller bet with 9x, TTs, JJs etc. But was wrong..
  • 3 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Would be great if you add some stats on villain.

Flop: I am not saying that x/r is bad here but at nl2 you should go for bet, bet, bet when you have a big hand because generally ppl don't bet enough. Given the positions and preflop action, villain will often have a nedium stregnth hand on that board that might very well check back when you check the flop.

Obviously if villain is an aggro monkey then x/r is good.

Rest of the hand seems ok.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Dublinmax,

Only 18 hands on Villain, so unknown again! Will keep in mind to indicate if there's stats or not on Villain next time.

Usually I go for bet, bet, bet. Just that I saw in someone's elses blog that says if you wanna build a bigger pot, x/r would be the best so I went ahead and tried since it was a dry flop w the knowledge that I might be sacrificing some value. But where else better to learn than NL2!

Thanks for the hand judging!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cheekopeh,

CB the flop normally. We don't want to scare away his cards, it will be difficult for him to continue with a lot worse. And at the same time if you go for Check/Raise then go for bigger one, towards pot size.

Best Regards.