This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom QQs

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      SB: $2.22 (111 bb)
      BB: $3 (150 bb)
      UTG: $2.54 (127 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.47 (123.5 bb)
      CO: $0.41 (20.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) 4 8 A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.39) J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.21, UTG calls $0.21

River: ($0.81) 4 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.29, Hero calls $0.29

Results:
      $1.39 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 4 8 A J 4
      UTG showed J K and lost (-$0.68 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and won $1.34 ($0.66 net)

PF: 3-bet pot for value and to isolate and play w initiative and position. Narrowed villain's range to a strongish range UTG. AJs, KQs, mid pairs

Flop: The A high board stopped me from thinking straight for abit. Was thinking if I should c-bet flop, x turn and then call/bet river. But decided to went for x flop, call turn, decide river as my guts left me.

Turn: When x to me, I know I'm ahead so went ahead to bet for value. And thinking now I should have bet bigger.

River: His small bet requires me to be right 21% of the time so considering his range I decided to call. His play did feel like he might have an Ax, but also FD, smaller pairs, turned Jx which wants to see a cheap showdown.

All in all, I feel bet flop, x turn, and then re-evaluate river would be a much better line to take as it gives me a better idea of villain's range?
  • 1 reply