QQ with K on flop

• Dodekus
      Dodekus
      Bronze
      I raised with QQ and got called by two people.
      They both checked on the flop. There are no draws on the board, just a K. I should raise right?

And also, what about if I don't have initiative with QQ and a K flops (with no other draws).

Because the strategy on PokerStrategy.com doesn't really say anything about this.
  • 6 replies
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      need more info really.

stakes?
      6-max or full ring?
      villain types, loose, regs?

where did you open from? the btn, utg etc?
      how is your image? super loose, tight, average?

generally a Kxx flop hits both your raising range & part of their flat calling range most prob. sometimes they will be set mining & might fold to a small bet....

it depends on alot of stuff, but really you have equity & should prob make a cbet.

re: QQ without initiative, you prob should take the initiative with QQ esp in 6-max.
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      C-Bet is requiered, to protect against weaker hands hitting and maybe draws compleating . And with QQ (and almost all hands) you should try to have initiative. If for example out of position - 3bet.
    • Dodekus
      Dodekus
      Bronze
      Oh sorry I didn't mean initiative. What I meant was when playing in position and not in position. If I have like 2 players behind me and have QQ and a K has flopped, should I consider c-betting? Or is this a decision that I should base on what type of opponents I meet?
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      It always deppends on your opponents. How often do they fold to cbets? What is their agg factor ? % Went to showdown? Are they tight or loose? ...

I am either going to check /fold or bet/fold to 3bet, because you look weak when you do that an then when the turn comes- what is your plan?
      Other option is to check and if the 2nd player checks and the 3rd bets either too big or too small- 3bet and turn your hand to a semi bluff. But this is when you have information on your opponents.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Against two opponents, how can QQ not be cbet in the flop? what are you doing? a call down? a x/r? let bdfd get there on the river? you should definitely cbet that!
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      btw, this is FL guys! :D