[NL2-NL10] K9o on bu

• HrabriLavek
      Hi, I am analyzing some past hands(week or more ago) and Im looking at this one and trying to see where my mistake was

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, K.
      MP3 raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.63) Q, 9, A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP3 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.27) A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.27) T (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.80, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.27.

Seems like I went agressive on the button trying to steal and push him from the pot, he calls. Looking at this I should probably put his hand on top range, being the player is opening UTG and by his stats is very selective (stats 14/10 AF 3)

his check on the flop might tell me he could have Q with a strong kicker, maybe JJ, KK or some kind of a straight draw, could be KJ, doubt he would open with A and some weak kicker and by his passive play think he has no ace

had low pair, but intention was to push him out so I bet, he called(maybe should made cbet higher?)..moving on to turn

another ace and he checks again, think my mistake is not fireing another barrel to represent it(I did reraise him preflop after all) and to really not give him a free card if he is on a draw....am I thinking right here?

river comes a ten which completes his possible straight, he makes a strong bet and I really have no choice other to back down and let him the pot

so looking at this, think the biggest problem was not betting on the turn, if I already went along that way representing a strong ace in his eyes...or was preflop play that dig the hole for me here
  • 2 replies