PokerTracker 4 trial

• Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Hello, yesterday I upgraded my system to Windows 8 (which is great btw) and decided to give PT4 a try. BUT... I can't really test it because of annoying "TRIAL: PLEASE REGISTER" sign in middle of table.

Is there any way to deal with it? I don't wanna buy it just yet without testing it first.

And HM2 is a bit too slow for my laptop, HUD works fine, but reports and everything else is way too laggy.

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • buschips
      buschips
      No, think you can just move it some other place at your table.
      Ctrl+right mouse bottom (or PT-Button and "Unlock") and move sign with right mouse bottom->PT-Button->Save Layout
    • malcolmlinco
      malcolmlinco
      Bronze
      yeah, if it bothers you have to move it after every 30 min or smt like that.
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies ;) It moves back after few hands, and when you multitable like 10-12 tables, it's impossible to do that ;) But now Im using HM2, just had to reduce to 8 tables and I can live with that for now ;)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Krist2ps
      Hello, yesterday I upgraded my system to Windows 8 (which is great btw) and decided to give PT4 a try. BUT... I can't really test it because of annoying "TRIAL: PLEASE REGISTER" sign in middle of table.

Is there any way to deal with it? I don't wanna buy it just yet without testing it first.

And HM2 is a bit too slow for my laptop, HUD works fine, but reports and everything else is way too laggy.
      The trial message was added to stop our software from being cracked, we know this can sometimes negatively affect your trial experience but it helps us maintain our support costs down - and in turn provide faster updates for our users.

On the bright side we provide a 14 day money back guarantee, so if you make the purchase of PokerTracker 4 you can consider it to be like an extra 14 day trial.

PS: Special Offer on PokerTracker 4 for PokerStrategists
    • Strype
      Strype
      Basic
      Do you honestly think that little red bar of text is going to stop people from cracking your software? If they don't want to spend $100, your "Please buy me!" message isn't going to influence them in any way. They will simply learn to deal with it, or worse, they'll just go crack HEM instead since they don't have to deal with it there. I understand what you were TRYING to do with this little watermark, but I don't think you put yourself into the crackers' shoes...

Henceforth, the number of cracks you're "preventing" is likely to be far lower than the number of potential buyers you're losing, due to them not enjoying the trial period. Not to mention, a thwarted crack is not lost money while, obviously, an unsatisfied potential customer is.

Perhaps, just some things to consider.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Software theft is a very costly problem in this industry and almost every company does something to protect the integrity of their development investment by using some form of anti-cracking and/or anti-hacking technologies and we have multiple technologies in place to address that in addition to the HUD trial message.

- Rob