[NL20-NL50] AJ OOP 3b

• hokijaj
      hokijaj
      Bronze
      Hello! anon table, not too much history with either villain, CO was looking like a reg, folded to my 3b once so far, BB seems fishy and was playing like 31/15 not full stacked.Pre I decide to 3b reg, because i think there is value in him calling with some marginal/dominated hands, but things get interesting when the BB decides to cold call.I think BB can have some variety of pretty strong hands like AJ/AQ/KQ/AK ,TT,QQ,99 and such and since BB calls i think CO calls anything playable that he decided to open pre. flop looks like it could have hit at least one of them pretty nicely , so I decide to check and see how the action develops.As it goes check check and turn seems like a good card I value bet my top pair( sizing?). On the river Im pretty lost about what to do. Thoughts?

Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $14.74 (73.7 bb)
      MP: $8.89 (44.5 bb)
      CO: $21.31 (106.5 bb)
      BTN: $34.69 (173.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.60, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BB calls $1.60, CO calls $1.20

Flop: ($5.40) 8 J 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($5.40) 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB folds, CO calls $3

River: ($11.40) 8 (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hokijaj,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

3betting is fine there and afterwards is really the question if we can Bet for value. Whilst assuming stronger hands CO would have played more actively I'd just Bet/Fold the river for like $5 and get thin value from weaker Jx holdings and maybe even PPs.

Best Regards.