*new 2012/13*Living it up in Chiang Mai, Thailand

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hola ps peeps. i've been very inactive in the forum ever since my accounts weren't tracked by pokerstrategy but now i'm back to blog again.
      for those who don't know me, i'm Rio a 24yo poker grinder living it up in the northern part of thailand, chiang mai. i've been playing poker for 2yrs, chalked up 350k pokerstrategy points and currently grinding mostly nl200.
      the reason for starting a blog again is because i miss writing, sharing and interacting with the community here. it's never an easy task to upkeep a blog because time has to be set aside to construct posts in a coherent manner and then type them out.
      therefore i do hope this blog somehow compensates the loss of time with something invaluable, e.g. gaining new friends, learning of new ideas, destress, etc.

this blog is going to be talking anything except poker(maybe alittle). this blog is going to be about interesting events that happen to me in chiang mai(or wherever i'm at), thoughts and theories abt RL; it's gonna be filled with pictures and maybe even videos!
      so stay tune if you think this blog is for u :f_love:
  • 169 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      WB sir , will certainly be following ;)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      as you guys should know by now, i'm living in chiang mai thailand. it's such a nice place to live in( i will share more in the future) and i do plan to stay here for a long time.
      i've recently flew to out to visit vietnam. it's a communist country and it is pretty poor so basically we were multi millionaires over there because us$1 = 20,000 vietnam dong(yes dong).
      we lived in the best district there, and hotels weren't cheap at all. us$160 for 1 night stay at a 4 star hotel. well if u compared to how we can get beers at bars there at us$1.50, the difference is sickening.

city view of hotel

we didn't really do much there except going out at night. there weren't too many nightspots in comparison to thailand so it was kinda boring. girls weren't too hot and outgoing too(except those who want your $). it is also riddiculous how traffic is over there, everyone just honks at whatever smallest reason possible! there are so many scooters and many rode like idiots. i was told to get a license, one has just to pay $5 or something.

one of the highlights of the trip is the sky bar:

while at vietnam i also thought that i was too fat.... i was never so out of shape an usually am the slim built so i'ma start a weight challenge for myself. the goal is basically to cut weight and gain muscle.
      gonna make a daily progress chart and update it here daily.
      also i've a plan to do muay thai/bjj and play soccer daily and take a minimum 1 day break(go for thai massage) and maximum 2 days (if i choose to go out on 1 day).
      pokerwise i've only put in 40k hands last mth(been going down too often) and it's totally off my usual 150k hands standards so gonna try to paly as much as possible despite alot of upcoming events happening!

bed time seeya guys
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Helloooooo!!

Remember how nice it was for a diamond to post in my blog. Returning the favour in a way, having my coach avatar in your blog. :f_biggrin:

Pics of Thai chicks is always a nice update imo..
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Hey sup

Looks interesting, will follow

Living in Pattaya atm, feel free to drop by sometime :D

ps
      You play FR or 6max on stars?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      wasn't your Pokerstars account tracked?
      why did you choose CM instead of BKK or other cities in Thailand?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @manu: in future, who knows :D
      @sk345di: i play 6max. pattaya??? :D once u get bored, i'll see u in cnx. thats how most people end up here: getting bored of their phukets, bkks and pattaya.
      @mbml: it was tracked and got untracked because they realise i had another account! :rolleyes:
      well very good question. both places are great to be honest, it really depends on what you are looking for. BKK is more like a mega city where you can get the best shopping, food, toys, chicks, parties, etc in thailand. i really enjoyed and frequent bkk when i was living back home.
      the one reason why i decide not to live there was of one main factor, theres a huge ass population of people and vehicles, and i really hate facing that everyday. it is also one of the reasons why i choose not to live in singapore. back home, i would really dread going out, even though i have a car, i just preferred to stay at homae.
      it made me become sort of like a leatherass and that isn't really me so quickly i become unhappy.

chiang mai on the other hand is a different beast. over here there are no sky scrappers, just 2 shopping malls(going to have 10 more new ones though within 2years), not many highrise condos, etc. it's a simple city surrounded by mountains and greenery. the reason why this place is my choice to live in is because it has a little magic that makes me feel wonderful here. people here are nice, food is nice and cheap, i go wherever i want whenever i want on my bike! it's already very stressful to be a poker player, and there's just so much to do to destress here. i can meet up with the poker community to chill, meet random tourist or thai people who are friendly and free enough to strike up a conversation, go to a nearby mountain peak, visit and swim in waterfall. there's just so much serenity here! parties are pretty decent too! infact, alot of people living here were previously living in bkk and phuket partying it up everyday till they get so sick, they move over here. anyhow i will post more pictures about chiang mai.

just finished playing soccer. today's measurements 69.1kg 20.9% of fat =>14.44kg of fat. :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i fucking hate to type out 95% of the post only to have to misclick something like ctrl + R. fml.
      just finish grinding, going to use spare time to share with u some REAL PICTURES of chiangmai and what i've been doing in the past mth.

paintball at night with poker players + bulk of german guys

national park at the tallest mountain in thailand

majestic waterfall, so much water flowing that it felt like it was raining just standing near it hence the fog

green meenie taking me everwhere. i'll upload a vid of how it sound one day

ofc what u guys all wanted... balling it up like a rockstar!!!

so who's interested to come now? :f_biggrin:
      bedtime soccer again tomorrow
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      im weighing in today at 69.0kg 20.1%fat =13.86kg updates later
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      breakfast for today, yummyy
      guess how much????????????????
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      10 Baht
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      tree fiddy?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HolyMichelle
      tree fiddy?
      this is correct. fml did some soccer yesterday for 2hours ate solid n was feeling proud of myself looking forward to today's weigh in. baaaaam 69.1kg 20.3% fat. dafuqqqqqq
      then I remember we went to watch soccer and some vodka red bull. like 4cans to be exact. fmllll
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Boom!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      no point dieting if u cant abstain from alcohol :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      no point dieting if u cant abstain from alcohol :)
      so true, gonna pause the dieting because i injure my toe and lots of shit happening and ofc parties.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      end of the year and i'm getting new stuff agian.
      gonna move into a new home. not staying with poker players though but this is good for RL ev since u get away from poker world and also there's a poker house and my good friends stay in there so i'm super excited. house is not furnished yet, but in 2weeks. here are some exterior pics

oh and my new bike is coming :f_o:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      going to fly to bkk today. meet up some old friends, and pick up my new bike (ofc pics coming soon).
      been lazy with the taking of pictures, so much parties and things happening that i wish to share so hopefully i'll remember to cam whore it up.
      this weekend, there was some poker house party, it was fun, tons of alcohol, people got wet, chicks, wtv. after some of us went out to party some more till day break.
      cockblocking video at a party.
      ]

i got really tired after two days of going out, so i slept alot and woke up at 6am, decided to go up to the nearest peak to catch sunrise which i could rarely do.
      view of the city
    • Gnama
      Gnama
      Bronze
      Nice man :D I'm planning to make a trip in Thailand this summer with my girlfriend. We'll stay 5 or 6 weeks and I'm very exited to leave! I'll follow your blog for sure
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gnama
      Nice man :D I'm planning to make a trip in Thailand this summer with my girlfriend. We'll stay 5 or 6 weeks and I'm very exited to leave! I'll follow your blog for sure
      ?( ?( ?(