So i deposited 1K$...

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      Hey everyone,

i recently deposited 1000$ on party poker (taking advantage of their 1k bonus) and decided to give NL25 another go.

HOWEVER
      I'm down to 700$ (O.O) and i honestly thought i could beat this limit. So i kinda need some help and advice on what i'm doing right/wrong, and wether i should be playing zoom without a "hud" ( i have poker tracker 4 - awaiting zoom hud)

I'll be posting graphs and stats soon! i only have 10k hands currently.

• 40 replies
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      Maybe you should move down to Nl10 and move up when you made back your money. Or get some coaching if you can afford it.
      What limts have you played previously ?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hud are your eyes on zoom!
      how do you expect to win playing blind :f_eek: if you don't have a hud then using a ton of color notes and reviewing the biggest pots is a must

obviously we can't help only by looking at that graph, for all we know it could easily be a runbad scretch
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      @Stab

Yeah i was thinking this, i can't afford coaching to be honest.
      I've played NL5, 10 and even up to 50 before but i didn't run good at nl50.
      I've been playing poker for a while now and swear i have what it takes!

@Tom

I know, i just figured other people would be playing blind too, (proberly a stupid assumption to make)

I'll stop playing until PT4 updates i guess. Or i'll play some normal tables.

Update: MY STATS!

• ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Fold to PF-3bet is a leak (86%). Move it down to around 65-70%. Although you are doing it from CO/BTN position mostly (35% attempt to steal), you don't defend 3bet pots (in position!) enough. People fight back for the blinds. I also play without HUD and most players probably atm. But its fun! :f_eek:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      So your saying i 3 bet too much and i should call more 3bets in position more?

And what limit are you playing? How do you find it without a hud? i find i can't take notes on players because when i play i usually play 4 tables of it. And when i go to take a note it switches back to another option in the little menu once you move on to the next hand.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Post positional stats.

But: you are not stealing enough, CBetting too much, folding to 3B alot, WTSD is very low.

Are you playing the equivalent of zoom on Party?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      The only real downside with party is that it is rigged :coolface:

One thing I will say - don't underestimate the time it takes to get used to new software. You should play less tables and smaller stakes, at least for a few days. You can't make effective decisions until your eyes are trained exactly where to look on the screen for all the relevant info.

You are more likely to tilt on unfamiliar software also - not to mention the game dynamics might be slightly different than whatever network you were playing on previously.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      Here are my positional stats

@dub

yes im playing zoom, but it's called "fastforward" on partypoker. (i didnt use a hud for all these hands)

@w34z3l

LOL :f_biggrin:

i am used to the software, i was playing on WPT before :f_cool:
      + i dont tilt :f_biggrin:

thanks for the reply everyone! much appreciated
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      So your saying i 3 bet too much and i should call more 3bets in position more?

And what limit are you playing? How do you find it without a hud? i find i can't take notes on players because when i play i usually play 4 tables of it. And when i go to take a note it switches back to another option in the little menu once you move on to the next hand.
      Your VPIP/PFR stats seem withing standard range. Your 3Bet is also OK! You just fold to 3Bets way to much. Call some more (especially when you have positional advantage) or add some light 4Bets (seems like you play only with premiums there).

4 fast-forward tables is probably another leak you have. You can't observe nothing without HUD. Nothing. With 2 you can a bit (click "watch on fold" and add notes/label on a player).

Hope it helps. I play the same limit, so see ya at the tables :f_p:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      ok ferdy :) we could sweat sometime.
      Could you post me some of your graphs? I wana see a fellow NL25'er
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i don't really know anything about fast forward :f_biggrin:
      does hm hud work (i suppose not)? if yes then you obv are at a huge disadvantage, if not... you still are at a disadvantage if you aren't looking at any of the action.

color note players who open limp, who stack off light, who don't use a full stack, (insert more things here)

on the fold to 3bet thingy...

on zoom fr25 (and even 50) it is well possible to survive having a foldto3bet in the 80% range :D people are bad and massive nits
      but ZOMG WHAT surely someone will notice and start 3betting any two :f_eek: whatever, that is the exception, and if someone actually starts to get out of line against you it's not too hard to notice and readjust.

in sh though i just don't see how it's possible to survive like that :f_biggrin:
      be careful though, because folding too much is a leak, but playing badly in 3bet pots is a super terribad leak. :f_biggrin:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      ur super super tight no? 31/27 on button, jesus
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      @tom

Yeah i get scared in 3bet pots :s_mad:

@ihufa

I take it your saying i'm too tight! I open quite alot to be honest, Ax, suited connectors, K4s+, ect.

what sorta range do you open for?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      on zoom fr25 (and even 50) it is well possible to survive having a foldto3bet in the 80% range :D people are bad and massive nits
      :
      This. I really don't think "call more 3bets" is good advice in general and could lead you to spew. Sure Ft3bet of 80% is a bit high, possibly a leak, but likely only a small one. You can still crush these limits with a Ft3bet of 80. Calling too many 3bets on the other hand can have really negative results if you are unsure how to navigate postflop.

10k hands is not a big sample. It's also unlikely that you are losing at 16.8bb/100 with those stats even if you are a losing player at this site/limit. There's possibly some runbad in there. If -16.8bb/100 is legitimately your winrate, then you are making huge mistakes postflop completely unrelated to whether you are folding too much to 3bets.

Possibly you shouldn't do anything too drastic just yet. Just keep grinding it out and post some of the hands you are unsure about for review. This is the best way to find your actual leaks rather than stat analysis at this stage. And if you are having a rough time don't be afraid to drop down a stake or two.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      Thankyou w34 :f_biggrin:
      will do, im not going to play fastforward untill PT4 releases a HUD (i may just play 1-2 tables of it if i do)
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      IMO your too tight on BTN. Also your 3b% from btn seems a little low.

Like it's been said your ft3b% is a little high but on nl25 it's not a big leak and calling more 3bs would probably be an even bigger mistake.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Why don't you have HUD in PT4? You should have, PT4 was compatible with zoom before HEM was i think?? I use the omaha version of PT4 and HUD
      works fine on PLO zoom. Do you have the most up to date version?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      it's that it's not "zoom", it's "fastforward" on partypokers. :P
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Oh yeah lol :facepalm: I re-read it 3 times to make sure you were talking about zoom and completely ignored the "PARTY POKER" bit :facepalm: