[NL20-NL50] FR25 ZOOM AA 4bet pot

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      awful bet sizings hand, enjoy guys :f_biggrin:

villain is pretty good aggressive reg (despite stats, that is my impression) who also plays nl50, we had some non-nit dynamics there but it has been long since

what happened in this session: he stacked me with AA vs KK bbvmp :( then i stacked him with AA vs AKs bbvco, this is our third big pot in a short time

PokerStars - $0.25 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $35.08
      SB: $6.41
      BB: $15.00
      UTG: $67.54
      Hero (UTG+1): $51.16
      UTG+2: $17.62
      MP: $80.17
      MP+1: $19.50
      CO: $14.41

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, MP raises to $2.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.00, MP calls $3.25
      sizing :facepalm:

his 3bet range for deep vs utg is probably heavily towards nutz, KK+, QQ+ or something, maybe some random semibluff hands sometime
      i stick with QQ+ though, which he will super obviously setmine vs my sizing (including KK)

Flop: ($12.35, 2 players) T:diamond: 3:club: 6:club:
      Hero bets $5.00, MP calls $5.00
      obv bet bigger? :f_biggrin:
      also, thoughts on check/shoving? :f_eek: i like to check/shove with effective nuts and deep stacks

Turn: ($22.35, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, MP checks
      i fully deserve this bad spot :f_biggrin:
      just felt super screwed at this point, dead against QQ+, hoped to check it down with QQ

River: ($22.35, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets $20.00, fold
      my hand is somewhat face up and it's interesting that he doesn't bet the turn with three on the board, but think it's more towards "he has KK"?

MP wins $21.34
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: You don't have to pretend. I am pretty sure that your 4bet size is just for inducament. :f_biggrin: Though it's really bad idea cause clearly you are deep and giving SUPERB odds for him to call vs you, should avoid that.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Shoving flop would be just overplayed your hand, he continues strong range mainly which means isolating against strong hand. Therefore just Bet the flop and reevaluate the further actions. Though on the turn we are either Bet/Folding it for free showdown or dependent on the opponent if he is rather passive then just Check/Fold till end.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      no, you know i REALLY like inducements but this time preflop REALLY was just a careless mistake. :f_biggrin:
      not even point in inducing given relative positions :P

villain is not brainless, i doubt that villain 3bets TT/any small pairs in this spot given relative positions and his positional 3bet stats.
      there may be an argument for deepstack adapting, but i am pretty confident that i have the nuts on the flop.
      that said, i also guess he would manage to fold. :f_biggrin:

so imo -> while i am pretty sure have the best hand i don't get value by c/r or c/shove, but i could easily bet the flop bigger.
      turn is obv a terribad card though and i don't think he has any hands that he can turn into a bluff otr, if he somehow has QQ or a random trash hand that he decided to FPS with then sick level sir :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      no, you know i REALLY like inducements but this time preflop REALLY was just a careless mistake. :f_biggrin:
      not even point in inducing given relative positions :P

villain is not brainless, i doubt that villain 3bets TT/any small pairs in this spot given relative positions and his positional 3bet stats.
      there may be an argument for deepstack adapting, but i am pretty confident that i have the nuts on the flop.
      that said, i also guess he would manage to fold. :f_biggrin:

so imo -> while i am pretty sure have the best hand i don't get value by c/r or c/shove, but i could easily bet the flop bigger.
      turn is obv a terribad card though and i don't think he has any hands that he can turn into a bluff otr, if he somehow has QQ or a random trash hand that he decided to FPS with then sick level sir :f_biggrin:
      Yeah well, could still Bet the turn to avoid him turning some hands into bluff. :P Though if you assume he is passive then not much to comment.