Where's reality!?

• Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      This is just pure sickness. How is this even remotely possible!?

My AK gets beaten by AQ/AJ/AT and almost every pocket pair. Almost every Kx beat it aswell lately. AA vs other pocket pair gets beaten when it matters. Same goes for KK and QQ. Every pair against a lower pair seem to hit thier set instead of me.

I've lost $100 out of a peak of $283br on $5/$6 and a few $10 mtt. I seem to hit these bad beats all the time. Just now I had AA on a 15kguaranteed shoved it since I was shortstack, had 9k chips and and the avarage was 15k. Guy calls me with Q's and flops a queen.

I really really REALLY! don't get how I can get all these badbeats? Most of them are at the bubble aswell which leaves me with no cash what so ever.
      I can't really wait for people to bust out aswell since blinds will run over me.

What should I do? take a break? keep on working? smack my head into the wall?
      I feel so beaten. No matter how good I play people suck me out all the time.

Do others have the same problem? If it just happened now and then I wouldn't car, but when it happens over and over and over I really don't know what to do..

Please help I'm omw to tilt soon.

/Lehtola
  • 13 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Suggestion i can make is try to use more conservative BRM, then losing will not hurt that much, less risk of going on tilt and that could improve your game as well as help endure this unlucky period.

I wouldnt play 11$ mtt if i had only 283$ BR if i were you. But perhaps i am too conservative.

Its hard not to get affected by such bad beats in long time period, i know the feeling. Try looking at cases where you won the coinflips, sucked out on someone and try to see balance in it. Human brain usually remembers bad things better.

Had similar story in my personal experience. Was very unlucky in coinflip situations, got my AA cracked in important moments (on the bubble). But then i got to final table of 2+0.2$ 852 people MTT and was on short stack. I was on button and everybody folded to me, i looked down and pushed with 22. SB had AA. Luckly turn brought 2 and i won that hand. Was back in bussines and managed to win that tourney then. It was great luck that saved me and allowed me to win 345$ later. It happens to all of us - we win some, we loose some. With time it evens out tho, so keep playing your best game and time will do its work.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Every now and then you ran into such a period when everything that can goes wrong.

It's the way it goes, sometimes it lasts for a couple of days, sometimes months.
      The key is to keep your game on the level, to minimize the losses. The upswing will come.

Also more conservative brm helps here a lot like grimzor said.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I play $3 MTTs with that BR.

take a break and continue when you feel ok about your bad beats.
    • Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick responds.

Just played another MTT. I knew the guy was calling light so I pushed with my JT on a T9x flop. He called me with T8 and rivered an 8.

Conclusion:

Gonna play $2/$3 sngs until my upswing arives. I know I can beat the higher limits but atm my bankroll seems to just be to small to handle these downswings.

Thanks again everyone!
    • Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      Oh come on!

I have been away for 6days and when I get back I'm still having the worst bad beats at the bubble and overall. I'm making awesome reads on the opponents still they suckout and hits everything.

And I can't seem to hit anycards whilst they hit something all the time so they can't be bluffed. Where's the poker gods?
      I'm down to a $129 br from a $285 one. Biggest question is how can this be possible. Statistics say that I should loose this kind of badbeats etc 1:10mil or something.

It's just never ending. How long do your downswings last?
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      SnG coach helemaalnicks more or less had a breakeven/downswing stretch lasting several months.

I had a 2 month downswing in fixed limit, and am currently experiencing a 300BB downswing. As you can probably tell, you have to get used to it, if you can handle downswings you can make it to the top of poker imo.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I have last 50000hands break even session. Is frustrating but at least i also when i get down 30€(which is 5% of my bankroll) i always got back up and so on and on :) I played SSSNL20 now NL50. There is no easy money in poker :D (every rule have some ... ;) ).
    • Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerhand.org/?2870318

Now that is just taking the piss!

2hands after I shove with 33 (had 3½bb left thanks to hand above) guess what wakes up. AA and TT. It's like monster World Championship. Any other player with the AKs against my QQ or the 22 for that matter would have hit either thier set or A/K. It's just so unfair. Same tourney 1week ago a QQ guy busted my AA 100seats away from the final table. I deserve to win sometime.

Are peoples stars inline against me everyday or what? I could almost start cry.

Sad regards.
      Lehtola

PS. Bad reshove?
    • Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      Ok something must be REALLY wrong!
      It's ok when ppl call me with quite marginal hands but the play I just saw can't be real. In every SnG I've played I've never seen a call like this.

I'm at the button and shoving 67o for the blinds. SB folds and BB calls with 4Ts. I have NEVER seen a call this light when pushed over. That's almost it. If I didn't know better I'd say someone is cheating to make me tillt and such..
    • ForTexi
      ForTexi
      Bronze
      That's poker. Just keep your cool and keep playing your A-game. Everyone has downswings, that's what BRM is for.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I think in micro sngs you should push slightly tighter than ICM says, as your opponents are calling much looser. But you probably already know this.
    • Lehtola
      Lehtola
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerhand.org/?2922566

only 95% fav on the flop.
      Why in the world do I have to suffer from this? instead of being chipleader/win a tourney or w/e ppl are f**king me up backwards and upside down. I really need moral support.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Happens to all of us, if you can't handle this, stop playing..