Stacks:
      UTG ($2.09) 105bb
      CO ($5.35) 268bb
      windar021 (BTN) ($2) 100bb
      SB ($9.54) 477bb
      BB ($1.14) 57bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 5 players) windar021 is BTN 10:club: 10:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.08, 1 fold, windar021 calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: J:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond: ($0.19, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.13, windar021 calls $0.13

Turn: 7:heart: ($0.45, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.32, windar021 calls $0.32

River: 9:spade: ($1.09, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.34, windar021 folds

I dont see him betting the river without a J or better.. is my pre flop play even OK?
  • 2 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I am only flatting TT preflop v. reg who I know is folding worse to a 3bet and is opening tight to set mine mostly.

V. weak players: I am mostly isolating here :D

Now, because when you flat is mostly to set mine (or to kick a nit out of a flop if he shows weakness):

- If I elect to call on the flop without having hit my set, is because:

a) I turn my hand onto a bluff with a float (which doesn't work out so I fold turn)
      b) I hope to pick a nice draw on the turn and mostly check it behind taking a free card, or calling a small bet that gives me good odds (as it will be really hard to get implied odds if I hit). However the price is not quite that good on flop, and after he is going strong on the turn, this doesn't work out either, so I fold turn.
      c) because I have some strong reads and think I am ahead with my TT. I am calling down because he does the same with any FD/AK/AQ. Then I need to call the river blank. If not I am not calling a push on a river that missed draws and it is pretty much a blank, I don't call turn...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick
      I am only flatting TT preflop v. reg who I know is folding worse to a 3bet and is opening tight to set mine mostly.

V. weak players: I am mostly isolating here :D

Now, because when you flat is mostly to set mine (or to kick a nit out of a flop if he shows weakness):

- If I elect to call on the flop without having hit my set, is because:

a) I turn my hand onto a bluff with a float (which doesn't work out so I fold turn)
      b) I hope to pick a nice draw on the turn and mostly check it behind taking a free card, or calling a small bet that gives me good odds (as it will be really hard to get implied odds if I hit). However the price is not quite that good on flop, and after he is going strong on the turn, this doesn't work out either, so I fold turn.
      c) because I have some strong reads and think I am ahead with my TT. I am calling down because he does the same with any FD/AK/AQ. Then I need to call the river blank. If not I am not calling a push on a river that missed draws and it is pretty much a blank, I don't call turn...
      +1

I think you played your hand fine. I would also prefer 3-bet most of the times pre-flop and call against very tight players.
      On the turn he would likely continue barreling his flushdraws and sometimes overcards, so call is fine that spot

best regards,