This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Tt 1106 Sh 2Nl

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2.09) 105bb
      CO ($5.35) 268bb
      windar021 (BTN) ($2) 100bb
      SB ($9.54) 477bb
      BB ($1.14) 57bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 5 players) windar021 is BTN 10:club: 10:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.08, 1 fold, windar021 calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: J:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond: ($0.19, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.13, windar021 calls $0.13

Turn: 7:heart: ($0.45, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.32, windar021 calls $0.32

River: 9:spade: ($1.09, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.34, windar021 folds

I dont see him betting the river without a J or better.. is my pre flop play even OK?
  • 2 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I am only flatting TT preflop v. reg who I know is folding worse to a 3bet and is opening tight to set mine mostly.

V. weak players: I am mostly isolating here :D

Now, because when you flat is mostly to set mine (or to kick a nit out of a flop if he shows weakness):

- If I elect to call on the flop without having hit my set, is because:

a) I turn my hand onto a bluff with a float (which doesn't work out so I fold turn)
      b) I hope to pick a nice draw on the turn and mostly check it behind taking a free card, or calling a small bet that gives me good odds (as it will be really hard to get implied odds if I hit). However the price is not quite that good on flop, and after he is going strong on the turn, this doesn't work out either, so I fold turn.
      c) because I have some strong reads and think I am ahead with my TT. I am calling down because he does the same with any FD/AK/AQ. Then I need to call the river blank. If not I am not calling a push on a river that missed draws and it is pretty much a blank, I don't call turn...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick
      I am only flatting TT preflop v. reg who I know is folding worse to a 3bet and is opening tight to set mine mostly.

V. weak players: I am mostly isolating here :D

Now, because when you flat is mostly to set mine (or to kick a nit out of a flop if he shows weakness):

- If I elect to call on the flop without having hit my set, is because:

a) I turn my hand onto a bluff with a float (which doesn't work out so I fold turn)
      b) I hope to pick a nice draw on the turn and mostly check it behind taking a free card, or calling a small bet that gives me good odds (as it will be really hard to get implied odds if I hit). However the price is not quite that good on flop, and after he is going strong on the turn, this doesn't work out either, so I fold turn.
      c) because I have some strong reads and think I am ahead with my TT. I am calling down because he does the same with any FD/AK/AQ. Then I need to call the river blank. If not I am not calling a push on a river that missed draws and it is pretty much a blank, I don't call turn...
      +1

I think you played your hand fine. I would also prefer 3-bet most of the times pre-flop and call against very tight players.
      On the turn he would likely continue barreling his flushdraws and sometimes overcards, so call is fine that spot

best regards,