Hi there

• axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Hello english community,

I'm Alex, 22 years old. I'm new to the english forums but not to PokerStrategy.com. I took a quite large break of a year since Full Tilt was closed. So now that it's open I want back that feeling of playing poker :s_cool:

Playing poker for 1 year then taking a break like this makes me wonder if I can still be a winning player; therefore I'm considering to recap all materials up to my level and start playing again.

See you at the tables and best of luck.
  • 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi alex!

a warm welcome to the community :D . it's a great idea to brush up on your skills after a one year break. you can even consider joining our beginner's course to freshen up (linky in my sig). too bad fulltilt has untracked all of us. but the good part is that we can recover our money and strt playing elsewhere if we like. did you also have cash stuck there before?

smiles,
      wendy
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Thanks purplefizz. Good ideea with the beginer's course. That way I will start a blog also.
      Yes i had like 300$ there. But I have like 50$ in William and Titan also. So I will practice with that money to freshen up my knowledge.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi axeboy90!

Welcome to the English community!

Great to see that you're going to play again. I'm sure that after you refreshed your memory you'll soon be a winning player again.

What did you play before? Cashgames I guess? Did you play FR or SH? Or maybe I'm wrong and you played tourneys...

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      You are right RasTweet. I played cash games (SSS>MSS>BSS).
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      (party) I love it when I'm right!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      $300 recovered is awesome! i can relate, i think i have a similar amount in there as well. :D

woot woot for Rastweet's lucky guess :)

so have the games changed a lot since you last played? what do you think?
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Sory for the late reply purplefizz.
      Yeah, 300$ recovered is awesome and this is the reason I came back. Up untill now I played like 4k hands and to me it seems there are waaayy more tags and grinders especialy on NL10 (which i curently play). On NL2- NL5 you can still find plenty of fishes.