Fishyness of FTP

• 20 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      dude, the site has been reopened for less than 25 mins.

Obv its just the degens playing atm. Cant judge fish/reg ratio for several days imo.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Only 15 000 playing. Looks like everybody went to Party after all.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Thats why I made this topic so guys can share your experience :)

I noticed the rake of FTP being higher than stars, at least for my games (hu)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Hmmm...

Even the "deal me in" freerolls seem to be reg infested. There are 48 000 players now (187 000 at Stars).

• moneyback88
      moneyback88
      Basic
      The games i think have 0.2% higher rake than stars but they are much better that the shitty 10+1$
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I would expect there to be a mix of regs grinding out stupid good bonuses and dude's blowing their BR's 'cause they can. On a sample size of 1hr there was the odd bad player about at micro / low limit LHE, and plenty who looked solid enough.

The real test will be when they start their recreational player advertising blitz, then we'll see how resilient the punters are in the light of the site's history.

Pretty surprised to see they were advertising pre launch on good 'ole NZ television, so they're obviously setting up to spam.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      how do i set my hem2 hud to work? mines not working right now
    • Mardah
      Mardah
      Bronze
      The micro sng tables are weird. Half the players are 5+ multitablers, and all are super nitty. Had a game where 8 of us dropped to arround 5bb with blinds being 200/400 :f_confused:
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7

I see 53 000 playing, looks like most of the people stayed on FTP.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Originally posted by boboistina

party has arguably the worst RB out there, also bigger rake, unless you're a mid stake player or a huge micro grinder , it's not the best room out there , considering the smaller rooms offering 30% flat
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imbahness

party has arguably the worst RB out there, also bigger rake, unless you're a mid stake player or a huge micro grinder , it's not the best room out there , considering the smaller rooms offering 30% flat
      Effective rake is more important than rakeback percentage.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imbahness

I'd personally accept slightly less RB in exchange for software that doesn't make me age at thrice as fast as normal. [Or, take that iPoker creation. It's like having a stroboscope flashing in your eyes.] I had 0 (nada zip zero) RB at FT before, and still played there. I'm quite happy with 20-25% now. You didn't get the irony about everybody going to Party :D , but a few (like some PS micro grinders) probably did, chasing a gigantic bonus they'll never clear - and PS points.

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      I would expect there to be a mix of regs grinding out stupid good bonuses and dude's blowing their BR's 'cause they can. On a sample size of 1hr there was the odd bad player about at micro / low limit LHE, and plenty who looked solid enough.

The real test will be when they start their recreational player advertising blitz, then we'll see how resilient the punters are in the light of the site's history.

Pretty surprised to see they were advertising pre launch on good 'ole NZ television, so they're obviously setting up to spam.
      That is surprising, you don't see much poker advertising here.

I pretty much agree with you. Noticed a lot of people playing with that "bust my last $X or get rich trying" mentality.

I would say that with the new deal Party has one of the best rb schemes. even low volume micro players should be getting at least 35% now
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Can't really remember how fishy FTP was before it shut down compared to now, but there's definitely good value - especially when you're holding a DME-bonus with 40% of rakebacks worth.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Ive never played on FTP until its relaunch
      And I can confirm that the fishiness is decent
      1-2 Fishes at nl25 shorthanded tables.

But i found that the regs are slightly better than that on stars or ipoker
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      I bought a $10 Ringame ticket to use at NL2, I decided to open up 1 table to play while I play these DMI Freerolls cause I have shiped my Roll to stars.

I found a NL2 table at the top of the list which I filtered to 7-10 players and Players to flop above 20%. I grabed a table with 7 playes on it, sat down and did my usual checks around the table to make sure there wasent to many Full stack Regs and 6 out of 8 players were Multi Tabler, so I had a look at a few more table they were basicly the same so I think I will wait till I bust these Freerolls before I try and find a soft table. I would hate to see what higher limits are like.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Sunday, NL10, only regs + nits. :s_mad:
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      yeah, moved to stars even before completing deal me in bonus - was playing NL10 and rake is way to high at FTP at NL2-10
      anyone can compare NL10 stars and FTP? never rly played NL10 at stars, just started now, was breakeven before rb at FTP now over 25k hands.
    • Iwantunow
      Iwantunow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Played a quick 10 min session on NL10/25, meh full regs :f_frown:

What do you guys think about the current reg/fish ratio on FTP? Will it get better or worse in time?
      dude really? you started this thread on the 6th of november?? what the fuck man, of course its reg infested on that day, only regs knew when ftp was coming back