This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Turning third pair into a bluff

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Read: Nothing in particular, except that UTG is limping his fair share of pots, including with A + rag, but raises preflop with the better hands. But this is from a few hands only.

Microgaming - £0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: £6.70
      Hero (BTN): £4.00
      SB: £6.75
      BB: £4.35
      UTG: £3.36
      MP: £4.19

SB posts SB £0.02, BB posts BB £0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.06) Hero has T:heart: 7:heart:

UTG calls £0.04, MP raises to £0.16, fold, Hero calls £0.16, fold, fold, UTG calls £0.12

Flop: (£0.54, 3 players) 2:spade: 7:spade: A:diamond:
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: (£0.54, 3 players) 3:club:
      UTG bets £0.26, fold, Hero calls £0.26

River: (£1.06, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG bets £0.52, Hero raises to £1.56, fold

Hero wins £2.01

My river raise is targeting Ax (and perhaps 88/99/TT, if that is what he has). I am representing whatever the board lets me represent in his eyes (which would probably mostly be a flush or a fishy rivered two pair).

Question: Am I too optimistic about peoples ability to fold to a river raise at these stakes?

/Johan = :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don´t like your pre-flop call. T7s is marginal hand and mostly doe snot flop anything good- if you want to play it profitable then 3-betting is better option.
      Postflop I would prefer bet flop for value and if get called then mostly give up.
      Not sure if you´re ahead enough times to call turn. River bluffshove is fine- he would likely b/f his Ax hands (although he may also be just bluffing smt like 44/55 and you shoved there for value :)

best regards,
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Thanks judge. Your points are taken.

/Johan = :f_confused: