entire stars roll locked after FTP transfer

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,

Just figured I'd whine here for a bit while I'm waiting for stars support to respond. I guess they are busy today.

I transferred a few bucks (literally a few bucks) from my FTP to my stars account as a test. (So what, I'm paranoid, I like to transfer a small amount first). Afterwards, I planned to transfer a decent chunk from my stars bankroll onto FTP and grind a bit.

Nope.....apparently the transfer to stars counts as a "deposit" and now my account is now locked from making withdrawals (or FTP transfers) for the next 48 hours to avoid laundering/collusion and what-not.

So for the sake of transferring a few bucks my entire stars roll is now forced to remain on stars for the next 48 hrs. Surely this is not how the system is intended to function??!

I can understand in the case of legitimate deposits why account is locked for 48 hours, but in the case of transferring some money (which is known to be mine), to another account holding money (which is known to be mine,) both accounts being held by the same company, why the hell would they need to stop me moving those funds anywhere further to prevent laundering??

Idiotic. Pretty sure the 48 hour lock is not supposed to apply in this case and was overlooked. I just happened to be the first sucker to get screwed.
  • 23 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It is one of those countless little tricks played by the poker sites to earn a nickel extra here and there. They will NATURALLY tell you it's for your own protection.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      My guess is this restriction is not long term, but merely in place during this 'teething phase'
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Tim64
      My guess is this restriction is not long term, but merely in place during this 'teething phase'

Transfers from FTP are classified as "deposits" (even though they are really transfers). Hence the restriction automatically becomes active.

I don't actually think this is intentional, but rather something that has been overlooked. I could be wrong but - I don't really see any reason why stars wouldn't let you transfer money from FTP, then transfer it back the same day. Perhaps a good game pops up on the other network or something.

There is obviously a much lower risk of collusion/laundering when transferring funds to yourself, and everyone benefits by being able to transfer their funds between networks as frequently as they like (both the site and the players).
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      How long do stars support take normally.

It's been 8 hours so far. Can't believe I have to wait so long to play on FTP just because I was foolish enough to test the new transfer system before sending a load of $ through it.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I would suppose that their customer service has a lot of work this week.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah, you're right, I'm sure.

I'm just so tilted. Basically every poker site out there chats about how you are a "VIP" to them, but for the most part you just get treated like a criminal.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Over 24 hours now.

No response. Still cant transfer my roll anywhere.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      You'll be able to move things after 48 hours. I had this as well.

Patience my friend :)
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Consider this situation

Youre on vacation
      Someone hacks your account
      Makes a deposit using a new method
      And immediately applies for withdrawal

If someone hacked your Stars account they can try the same by transferring your funds to FTP and then withdrawing from FTP
      The chance of that happening is 0.00001% but theres still a possibility

I understand its frustrating but its necessary
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      @ holly - Yeah, I know. :D

I shouldn't have to wait 48 hours though. It seems pretty reasonable to assume this is unintended functionality of the account lock.

Even if it was intentional, stars should have gotten back to me by now. It'd take them minutes to sort the problem out. But instead I have to wait 48 hours.

As if they don't have the resources to respond to my request within 48 hours, or even 24.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by abhi147
      Consider this situation

Youre on vacation
      Someone hacks your account
      Makes a deposit using a new method
      And immediately applies for withdrawal

If someone hacked your Stars account they can try the same by transferring your funds to FTP and then withdrawing from FTP
      The chance of that happening is 0.00001% but theres still a possibility

I understand its frustrating but its necessary
      Hey, I totally get what you're saying but in this instance -

- No new funds were deposited from an account outside stars/FTP.
      - After transferring funds to FTP I wanted to transfer them BACK to stars, not withdraw to an outside account.

Seems pretty obvious this is unintended functionality of account lock. Surely it's in everyone's interest to be able to transfer funds freely between stars/FTP if they notice good games running. The account lock should apply if you want to withdraw funds to an outside account, not if you simply want to transfer funds between stars/FTP. At the very least they should warn you that if you transfer funds to stars you won't be able to transfer it back for 48 hours. It seems pretty rational to assume that "transfer to stars" option acts like a "transfer" and not a "deposit/withdrawal", so it's pretty misleading.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Does make sense

They could do something like this that once account pairing is done they could wait like 48 hours
      After that you should be able to transfer between stars and FTP anytime and as many times as you want
      otherwise theres not much difference between withdrawing to mb and transferring
      Sometimes doing that would be faster

Just a question
      Can you still transfer more amount from FTP to stars if you want?

I never played on FTP before.
      Was planning to create an account today and transfer from stars
      Looks like i will have to make sure whatever i transfer is exactly what i want to transfer
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach

otherwise theres not much difference between withdrawing to mb and transferring
      exactly

I'm pretty sure you can, you can make as many "withdrawals" as you want. As soon as you "deposit" though, you can't withdraw for 48 hours. Stars treats the transfer from FTP as a "deposit".

Presumably you can make as many transfers in one direction as you want, but as soon as you try to reverse the flow you gotta wait 48 hours.

Btw, I can't personally check because I transferred my entire FTP account to stars. That's partly why I'm vexed, I can't play on FTP until it's sorted.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Just a question

I never played on FTP before.
      Was planning to create an account today and transfer from stars
      Looks like i will have to make sure whatever i transfer is exactly what i want to transfer
      Can you check this if possible?
      Basically I was also planning to transfer a small amount then a large portion form stars to FTP
      DO you think ill be locked out too from further transfer to FTP?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach

Can you check this if possible?
      see edits in post above
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Ah,
      Thanks
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      It is one of those countless little tricks played by the poker sites to earn a nickel extra here and there. They will NATURALLY tell you it's for your own protection.

Precisely!

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      I'm sure there are genuine reasons why accounts get blocked from withdrawing, to stop collusion and laundering etc. I don't have a problem with it. It shouldn't apply in this specific case though.

It's been 44 hours now. Even if stars do get back to me it won't be of much use. I understand they are busy but if it takes them this long to respond to a query they are understaffed, period. But then again recent events have shown how stars like to cut corners where finances are involved.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      So, how exactly does it prevent collusion, money laundry, rape, murder, etc, to put your money on hold? Don't believe that they are investigating anything. They are just "holding" your money for a while. Standard procedure in financial institutions b t w.