[NL2-NL10] AA NL5 tight fold?

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      I feel like i keep making these tight folds today, was in a similiar spot a few times today, was wondering if im just getting pwned all the time or if its the right fold..

well

Dont have PT4 now, so ill just type it in

6max NL5

we are 100 bb deep

villain (UTG)
      hero (MP)

hero: A:heart: A:diamond:

villain raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.46, 4 folds, villain calls

flop: ($0.99) Q:spade: J:diamond: 5:club:
      villain checks, hero bets $0.70, villain raises $1.70, Hero folds....

dont mind the PF 3bet sizing, i started using these smallish ~2.7-2.8x PF 3bets in position, has worked great so far over a big sample already

if he calls PF i obv put him on TT+, AQ+, sometimes 88,99, and some random KJs etc

what can he c/r on the flop other than JJ/QQ? which is weird btw, why would he not let me barrel off with my 2-4 outs if i had an overpair/AK?

can he overplay AQ like this? i dont think he slowplays KK+ ever

shoud i just have called the flop and call the turn shove?
  • 5 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Only hands what beats you are J5 Q5 QJ QQ JJ, the rest are you beating and you got blockers for the draw and hu topp pair is the nuts what is an overpair then super super nuts ;) .
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      so u said i should have gone broke there always in a 3bet pot?
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      unless villain is a super nit, I go broke here esp if he is inclined to raise c-bets some proportion of the time.

yes - some regs at 5NL will go broke with AQ , KT here, sometimes your beat.

is he a loose player, bad, reg, etc??
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I agree. It is a bit weak. If he has a set, is he just protecting versus a possible straight draw? Would he raise QJ pf. I think AQ, AK, and maybe even KK are in his range enough to put it in.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello zumpar,

Preflop: And why would you need to do a smaller 3bet on those stakes? :) To force yourself to make even more mistakes? :P

As played
      Postflop: He isn't going to overplay most likely his TP holdings, nor he ain't going to play draws most likely aggressively in 3bet pot unless he is also aggressive. So not much to say than Bet/Fold it. :)

Best Regards.