[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR Second barrel or not?

• wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

UTG+1 ($51.90)
      UTG+2 ($10.98)
      MP1 ($50.75)
      MP2 ($41.39)
      MP3 ($25.52)
      CO ($9.00)
      BTN ($50.60)
      SB ($48.95)
      BB ($53.00) ____ (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , A:spade:
      6 folds, BTN raises to 2.0$, 1 folds, Hero raises to 6.0$, BTN calls $4.00,

Flop: 6:diamond: , 4:club: , 4:heart: ( $12.75 )
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50,

Turn: 4:spade: ( $31.75 )
      Hero bets $20.00, 1 folds,

Final Pot: $49.70

Do you guys think the second barrel was OK here or close to suicide?

BTN had only 10 % steals but 56 % called cbets... other stats: VP (16.2), PFR (3.34), AF (1.97) (about 2k hands)

I gave him credit for some sort of hand since he is kinda tight but thought I could get him to fold by representing AA or KK
  • 8 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Against such a tight "stealing" range I would fold AQo oop, you dont have much equity if im correct.

If he folds only 45% of CBets, I would think he likes to stick in with overcards. So lets assume he calls your CBet with his whole range. In this case I think fire a double barrel is ok, you get him to fold a lot of hands.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If he's playing his stats, he will almost never steal. 3beting him with AQ OOP is not rly a good move. postflop, the turn is actually a bad card for you, cause after the flop i put him on TT+, and that's difficult to fold,dunno if he managed to do it, or if he was just stealing and then trying to float you.
    • wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      I kind of agree that 3betting postflop against such a tight player was a bit stupid (cant expect him to fold), I was multitabling and not really paying attention to his stats then. On the flop, however, after the cbet, I saw his relatively high cbet call percentage and therefore decided to fire another barrel which I acctually regretted right after clicking my mouse when I realized that I just put in about 60 % of my stack with A high against a tight player who has shown some strength...

Well, fortunetly it worked out this time.

What do guys think, how should this hand be played ?

I mean just calling oop preflop doesnt leave me in a good spot either, right? ...should this really be folded? Isnt that a bit too conservative? And what about postflop play? Check, fold?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Imo, AQ is not a nicehand to play OOP. I would fold pf.
      As played,by his stats vilain looks like TAG and he called your reraise pf so I put him on AK, QQ , or maybe JJ as well (most probably,AA, KK is out or he would have pushed). You are behind most of the times. I would check / fold the turn
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I don't think preflop is bad, as AQ is a strong hand. However, I don't like the second barrel too much: he may well have a pocket and I don't see many players folding it given the turn card.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I don't think preflop is bad, as AQ is a strong hand.
      I´ve always thought that AQ is a difficult hand to play.Am I allowed to post a link to another site with an excellent article by Sean Lind about playing AQ? Or should I copy/paste it?
      I think that he raises some points that can improve AQ play.
    • wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      please post, or if not allowed, post the title than I can google it
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wutes
      please post, or if not allowed, post the title than I can google it
      It is called Ace-Queen Part1: The Worst Best Hand. Then you´ll see another two parts to it.
      It is a good discussion topic