This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR Second barrel or not?

• wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

UTG+1 ($51.90)
      UTG+2 ($10.98)
      MP1 ($50.75)
      MP2 ($41.39)
      MP3 ($25.52)
      CO ($9.00)
      BTN ($50.60)
      SB ($48.95)
      BB ($53.00) ____ (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , A:spade:
      6 folds, BTN raises to 2.0$, 1 folds, Hero raises to 6.0$, BTN calls $4.00,

Flop: 6:diamond: , 4:club: , 4:heart: ( $12.75 )
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50,

Turn: 4:spade: ( $31.75 )
      Hero bets $20.00, 1 folds,

Final Pot: $49.70

Do you guys think the second barrel was OK here or close to suicide?

BTN had only 10 % steals but 56 % called cbets... other stats: VP (16.2), PFR (3.34), AF (1.97) (about 2k hands)

I gave him credit for some sort of hand since he is kinda tight but thought I could get him to fold by representing AA or KK
  • 8 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Against such a tight "stealing" range I would fold AQo oop, you dont have much equity if im correct.

If he folds only 45% of CBets, I would think he likes to stick in with overcards. So lets assume he calls your CBet with his whole range. In this case I think fire a double barrel is ok, you get him to fold a lot of hands.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If he's playing his stats, he will almost never steal. 3beting him with AQ OOP is not rly a good move. postflop, the turn is actually a bad card for you, cause after the flop i put him on TT+, and that's difficult to fold,dunno if he managed to do it, or if he was just stealing and then trying to float you.
    • wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      I kind of agree that 3betting postflop against such a tight player was a bit stupid (cant expect him to fold), I was multitabling and not really paying attention to his stats then. On the flop, however, after the cbet, I saw his relatively high cbet call percentage and therefore decided to fire another barrel which I acctually regretted right after clicking my mouse when I realized that I just put in about 60 % of my stack with A high against a tight player who has shown some strength...

Well, fortunetly it worked out this time.

What do guys think, how should this hand be played ?

I mean just calling oop preflop doesnt leave me in a good spot either, right? ...should this really be folded? Isnt that a bit too conservative? And what about postflop play? Check, fold?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Imo, AQ is not a nicehand to play OOP. I would fold pf.
      As played,by his stats vilain looks like TAG and he called your reraise pf so I put him on AK, QQ , or maybe JJ as well (most probably,AA, KK is out or he would have pushed). You are behind most of the times. I would check / fold the turn
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I don't think preflop is bad, as AQ is a strong hand. However, I don't like the second barrel too much: he may well have a pocket and I don't see many players folding it given the turn card.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I don't think preflop is bad, as AQ is a strong hand.
      I´ve always thought that AQ is a difficult hand to play.Am I allowed to post a link to another site with an excellent article by Sean Lind about playing AQ? Or should I copy/paste it?
      I think that he raises some points that can improve AQ play.
    • wutes
      wutes
      Bronze
      please post, or if not allowed, post the title than I can google it
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wutes
      please post, or if not allowed, post the title than I can google it
      It is called Ace-Queen Part1: The Worst Best Hand. Then you´ll see another two parts to it.
      It is a good discussion topic