My grinding plan for FTP and Party Bonuses (need advice)

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I don't know where to post this so I thought this would be the best place. I am trying to plan how I’m going to grind out the various bonuses across FTP and Party.

This is my basic plan so far,

1. Play Full Tilt Freerolls this week
      2. Deposit a ammount that I can easily clear upto $1k on Party for the "Party More Tilt Less" promo"
      3. Move BR back to FT to grind Happy Hour week (hopefully transfering from Stars to Full Tilt dosent activate FDB)
      4. Transfer BR back to party untill 3rd December then activate Deal me in Bonus and grind that
      5. Move BR back to Party and grind until I clear "PMTL" Bonus or it expires
      6. Move BR back to FT and Grind FDB
      7. Move to PokerStars

I'm also hoping to grind some Micro Millions on stars. My Combined BR across I can deposit up to $1k on Party, but since I have to withdraw $550 this month so I will only have a roll that can grind NL10, hopefully NL25 if I run good.

I have worked out that I need to grind out 238 FTP's a day over 21 days to grind 'Deal Me in' bonus, this should be doable. I'm not sure how much I should deposit on Party? I plan to grind Fastfoward but since they don't have Fullring I will have to play 6max and since I do not have as much experience shorthanded I will want to play at least 20k hand at NL4 in profit before I play NL10, I [lay a fairly nitty style in my last 20k hand review at NL10 I was playing 11/9, I am trying to play loser in LP and obv I will have to loosen up for 6max.

The last thing I wanted to say is that I am a bit concerned about falling into the bad habit of just trying to mindless grind I made this mistake at the start of the year and it cost me over $1500, I am also planning to have a few days off mainly being the 24th,25th of November, 3rd,4th and 25th of December and the 1st of the NY.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      BigAl
  • 13 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      First of all 11/9 on 9 max is okish not really very nitty
      But if you think you are playing nitty then you need to put a lot of time in studying before you move to 6max
      It is very very different out there

Why don't you start with party for now and wait till the last day before you can claim your bonuses on FTP

Are you sure about 238 ftps that's like 23.8$ rake
      Hat are you going to clear in that?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by abhi147
      WTF are you talking about? Even for 9max 11/9 is as nitty as you can get. If you get any nittier then that you might as well sit out...
    • tpoke
      tpoke
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigAl123456
      • Move BR back to FT to grind Happy Hour week (hopefully transfering from Stars to Full Tilt dosent activate FDB)

From ShyaM Markus post on 2+2:
      1. Will the Inter-site Transfer feature count towards the destination site's first time deposit bonus?

- Yes, as long as it is actually your first deposit. If you are going from FTP->PokerStars, you'll need to write to their support to activate your bonus. PokerStars->FTP will be automatic.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      But if you think you are playing nitty then you need to put a lot of time in studying before you move to 6max
      It is very very different out there

Why don't you start with party for now and wait till the last day before you can claim your bonuses on FTP-Because you need to earn some ammount of FTPs to qulify for daily freerolls

Are you sure about 238 ftps that's like 23.8$ rake
      Hat are you going to clear in that?-well it is $500 in rake for the $200 Bonus which is $23 rake need a day.

That why I was going to start at NL4 so I could learn, because if I play just reg tables 1...they are all horrible at NL10 that’s why I had to move to stars because I fell like I was just constantly changing tables, even tho my table selection criteria was nittier then because even on stars I found it hard to play normal tables.

Thanks for responding.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      WTF are you talking about? Even for 9max 11/9 is as nitty as you can get. If you get any nittier then that you might as well sit out...
      Haters gonna hate...jks :D
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tpoke
      • Move BR back to FT to grind Happy Hour week (hopefully transfering from Stars to Full Tilt dosent activate FDB)

From ShyaM Markus post on 2+2:
      1. Will the Inter-site Transfer feature count towards the destination site's first time deposit bonus?

- Yes, as long as it is actually your first deposit. If you are going from FTP->PokerStars, you'll need to write to their support to activate your bonus. PokerStars->FTP will be automatic.
      Well thats suck, that means I will have to grind even harder because you only get 100 days to grind FDB, or maybe I should just not worry about happy hour week?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black

:D :] :D

11/9 is probably the right approach according to NL10 SHC, but I highly doubt this style will make money vs competent plrs.

My Rush 400 session yesterday: bring it on!

MonkeyStyle!
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TwiceT

:D :] :D

11/9 is probably the right approach according to NL10 SHC, but I highly doubt this style will make money vs competent plrs.

My Rush 400 session yesterday: bring it on!

MonkeyStyle!
      Lol Sorry I didnt know that was nitty

I started playing 9 max cash and then had a coaching session where my stats of 16-12 were very lose according to my coach

I now play SNGs mostly and 6 max cash sometimes no 9 max cash
      But I thought 11/9 was correct and above 15 is a bit lose. Atleast thats what most people say

And Rush and Zoom are quite difference from cash its easy to steal a lot so that should be ok
      And secondly you are TwiceT you can raise 50% and still have a profit but i doubt most people can play the same :P
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      I think 14/11 - 17/12 is "optimal" in today's FR games in the longrun.

11/9 should be great to start, but if you look for spots to loosen up and exploit your opponents a bit more, you will end up with different stats.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      mhmm, I had 23/16 on nl400 FR rush yesterday and would swear it is a winning strategy if you play well post flop. seen twicet on the tables and marked him as a nit ^^
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      After reading this entire stars roll locked after FTP transfer thread looks like I will have to wait on stars for 48hrs before I can withdraw which means if I want to deposit on Party before the 13th (probs 14th my time) I will have to move tomorrow.

So I just have to work out how much I'm going deposit, looking on Party it says that 7k hands an hour are dealt at NL4 Fastfoward which seems ridicules high. Apparently it takes $3k rake to clear the $1k bonus which would be 74 points a day I don’t think that is possible at NL4, so what should I aim for?

Looking at it further for $500 I would need 37 points a day thats still probs too hard, for $250 I need 18.5 points a day.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Apparently it takes $3k rake to clear the $1k bonus which would be 74 points a day I don’t think that is possible at NL4, so what should I aim for?

it´s actually 3496$ rake needed, the bonus is 28,6% rakeback.

I´d go for full 1k, it has 10% chunks and you can always plan or reconsider your volume so that you clear the last full hundred ;) if you for example clear 300 and leave 700 unused there, it does not matter

gl
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by Cornie4ever
      mhmm, I had 23/16 on nl400 FR rush yesterday and would swear it is a winning strategy if you play well post flop. seen twicet on the tables and marked him as a nit ^^

yeah saw you as well, marked you as CzechPsycho! :D nits gonna nit!