Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $6.80 (136 bb)
      SB: $6.87 (137.4 bb)
      BB: $4.57 (91.4 bb)
      UTG: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      Hero (MP): $11.23 (224.6 bb)
      CO: $0.92 (18.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB raises to $0.80, 2 folds

I used to call too much, now every time I fold, I end up wondering whether it was the right move.
  • 5 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      F2F

Any stats on villain? He could well do that with any ATs+ :D You have pozitions
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      No relevant stats.
      I was only playing on stars to compare it to FT & 770

The behaviour in general had been for everyone to fold, so this move stood out like a sore thumb.

Also, my own squeeze range is fairly tight, and I tend to project my own tendencies onto villains.

Not only that, but I'm not really up to speed on how to play against squeezes generally.

You think on average I should 4Bet this?
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

His squeeze size is huge which makes me think it will be for value more often then bluff. So the fold may be nitty but good.

If his squeeze size was more like 0.55/0.60 then I would 4bet.

T.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      it's true the squeeze size is big, which I hadn't noticed...Now that keeps me wondering :f_confused:

Anyway, I wouldn't 4bet pre, I would flat it to cash v. weaker aces on flop (unless I have seen him going broke with AT that is). If I 4bet there I might risk him folding all his weaker aces, and staying only with very strong hands. Also we have position, so I don't mind seeing a flop.

(that said, if I have reads about villain only squeezing that size with strong pairs then I might give it up pre...however v. unknown I find it quite hard to pin down what to do)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello VorpalF2F,

Against those squeezes you want to rather fold it. Especially it's usually not a sign on lower limits but also may be a sign on higher limits when people using it. Can very easily read people this way if sizing goes into bigger -> aka fold this hand and let it go. :)

Best Regards.