UTG: $1.93
      Hero (UTG+1): $5.00
      MP: $5.09
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $3.78

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

UTG raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) 4:diamond: 3:diamond: 7:club:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.36, SB calls $0.36, fold

Turn: ($1.22, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero ???

I'm wondering if I should bet the turn. On the flop everyone checked to my aggression, so I Cbet. I think some straight draws and possible two-pairs got there. If the villain has a flush draw I can get value against it on the turn, but I don't see getting many hands to fold that were already made on the flop or improved on the turn...
  • 6 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Why not isolate preflop? You still have lots of players behind, I would 3bet in that spot. It is annoying if he is only folding worse to 3bet, but at the same time flat calling puts you in a tricky spot as anyone can squeeze, lots of players could cold call behind, etc.

As played, I don't see much point in betting the flop unless you are trying a bluff, and it is not the best board to do that :( As played on flop, once you get called, and with such a turn I am giving up (But again, that is because I don't think is a good flop to bluff and the flop doesn't go away on the turn :D )
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I just called because they were short stacking. I didn't want to isolate myself against his higher range, yet folding AK preflop in that situation seems way too weak.
      *I miss wrote before that they all folded to my 'aggression'. Clearly I didn't raise preflop so I didn't show aggression.

The failure of the PF raiser to CBet seemed weak to me, so I took a stab.

Now that I reflect back on the whole hand, I think I clearly made a mistake by calling the flop c/r. They sand-bagged on purpose which shows a lot of strength.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I think on flop they just called you?

The problem with taking a stab with such a flop is that there are so many draws and so much stuff that calls you there...
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Well, I am ahead of a lot of those draws. And I still have outs too...
      If I am called, and then checked to on the turn, then I would peel off a free river hoping to improve.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhoenixPhreak
      Well, I am ahead of a lot of those draws.
      No, I am afraid not much ahead. And once you add made hands and pps you are not left with much.

For example, only one possible hand in his range is 9dTd. With that flop, he is ahead of you. You have 44% equity while he has 56%...(using the equilab in these situations is great, because you can have some insight in the relative strength of your hand).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PhoenixPhreak,

Preflop: You don't want to play the hand being OOP and most likely may turn it into multiway. Therefore rather 3bet it instead here.

As played
      Postflop: You are not making any better hands to fold and you can't clearly Bet here for value, therefore instead Check it behind.

Best Regards.