[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      First, Is it appropriate to post hands that we know we made mistakes in? Is it okay if I review what I think I did wrong to see if I am making the correct adjustments?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $5.00
      SB: $3.30
      Hero (BB): $11.24
      UTG: $1.46
      UTG+1: $3.83
      MP: $6.31
      MP+1: $1.93
      CO: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, fold

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) J:club: Q:club: 4:spade:
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $3.10 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.20

Turn: ($6.65, 2 players) 6:spade:

River: ($6.65, 2 players) Q:heart:

I think I obviously should have raised pre-flop. I think it may have been a misclick. Otherwise it was just a bonehead mistake.
      Then, as played, on the flop I overvalued my draw. It is only a gutshot, not openended (for the straight draws), so it is not nearly as valuable as I had at first thought. I think I should have called with my otherwise really good outs.

Am I thinking about this in the right way?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PhoenixPhreak,

I am just going to be straight mate, there is no rule for what hands you post and NEVER will be. Whatever some may have said in the forums that why do you post the hand? Don't just listen to them. This is some old-school stuff who some coaches used to do as -> ask: WHAT'S THE QUESTION? Though coach work is to overview all the hands he gets, whatever it's correct/wrong or no question at all. So I am glad when you posting hands, I am glad to see if you play your hand correct and even more happier if I see more activity from you and showing up that you are willing to become better. :)

It's way too difficult to get away here, if we raising then we are committed with our strong draw and should be willing to go broke and which most likely should be the line. Though we should be asking about if not to just 3bet it preflop and get it in vs his stack, vs what kind of player we are?

Best Regards.