[NL2-NL10] JJ vs min 4bet

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      I 3bet JJ for Value vs unknown opponent who does not seem tight but neither mindless preflop and i get nearly min 4bet.
      I don't know what it means and how to deal with it.
      If he 4bet me like 2,50 or 3 i would fold it cause i don't want to get it in vs CO with JJ without dynamics or reads, neither to play 4bet pot OOP.
      When he raises smallish i don't know what to do?
      In thath hand i putted some bluffs on his range and commit myself with a raise.
      But as a default vs unknown microstakes players should i treat that like a normal 4bet because it can mean a cheap bluff but also an inviting 4bet?
      Or ,now that i am thinking of it , should i 3bet bigger OOP to avoid these decisions?

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $17.62
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.36
      CO: $16.53
      BTN: $10.30

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, BTN raises to $2.30, Hero raises to $5.50, BTN raises to $10.30, Hero calls $4.80

Flop: ($20.70, 2 players) 7:club: 9:diamond: 6:heart:

Turn: ($20.70, 2 players) 9:heart:

River: ($20.70, 2 players) J:club:

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Full House, Jacks full of Nines) (Pre 18%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      BTN mucks Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Nines) (Pre 82%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $19.70
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Deomedes,

Well, being OOP I'd do it even 4x. Then you have to ask if you can really do it for value, if you think BTN going broke loose then sure. But with what? :) If you said he is unknown then what makes you think he also goes broke loose?

And what's the purpose of the min-5bet? Do you see him bluffing against you ever here?

Best Regards.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      I 3bet for value because most microstakes guy can call with worst in position for 0,7$ but yes they 4bet with better. Isn't that a reason to still 3bet JJ?

As played can i call profitably or should i fold to the nearly min 4bet with no reads?

For the 5-bet i just put more bluffs on his range due to the sizing but know i do not like it at all.

As far as for the 5-bet sizing i didn't even realise it. I don't think that he bluff-shoves , though yes he can spew from time to time but not consciously.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I 3bet for value because most microstakes guy can call with worst in position for 0,7$ but yes they 4bet with better. Isn't that a reason to still 3bet JJ?

3betting is totally fine but we may reevaluate our hand strength if we get 4bet. Cause clearly not many microstakes players 4bet light, isn't it so? :)

As played can i call profitably or should i fold to the nearly min 4bet with no reads?

We can't Call, we have to make our decision right there, either we ship it for value or we fold it. Try to play around with equilab and come here with conclusion what do you think he goes broke with, then we continue if you can do it profitable.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Yes 4bet bluffing is rare ,especially without dynamics, and yes no math can make JJ profitable with no reads.

Thnx Veriz.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Hey veriz if this spot was in bvb what would your plan be, same as in this spot?
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      That's a nice question!

My plan for blind versus blind situation against most opponents and even unknowns is to go broke. I have faced smaller pairs and AT kind of hands way to often to fold to a re-raise with JJ.

AQ and TT though i think are too weak in the micros, even in these spots, vs unknowns and tight opponents. At least on nl10 where they spew less than on nl2 and nl4, generally speaking .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Saren113
      Hey veriz if this spot was in bvb what would your plan be, same as in this spot?
      Hey mate,

BvB we can consider going broke looser. Though then again is the question about how we see the opponent, especially vs tighter opponents we may not go broke.