Private coaching for NL with oblioo!

• oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      about me:

My name is Dustin and I've been a professional poker player since 2006. I've also been coaching for the past couple years and have helped numerous players go from breaking even at micro-stakes to crushing 200NL and above. And as of October 2012 I am a coach/video maker here at pokerstrategy.com :) Although I no longer play on Stars/FTP, I have a lot of experience with Zoom/Rush and have a solid understanding of the dynamics of that format. Outside of poker, I am into music, food/nutrition, running, plants, primitive skills, reading/learning.

how it works:

The first session will start off with taking a look at some of your stats in HEM/PT. I'll talk about what jumps out as probable leaks and why, and how to improve in those areas. We'll also talk about optimizing your HUD. We'll finish the first session with a session review during which I'll ask you to talk about your thought processes to get a general sense of your game, all the while talking about how I would play certain hands differently and going into depth about why. For each session after that, we will use filters in HEM/PT to focus on a specific area of your play (playing from the blinds, facing cbets, 3bet pots both IP and OOP, when to cbet the turn, multi-way pots, when to bluff-raise, etc. etc.), to really hone in and improve your game one area at a time, while consistently practicing and emphasizing hand-reading.

cost:

My normal price is $175/hr, which is reduced to $150/hr if you buy a package of 5 sessions. Each session is 90 minutes long, so it costs $1125 for package of 5 90 minute sessions.. Get in touch via Skype or email to book! Please note that if you do not show up for a session and do not give me at least 12 hrs notice you will be charged for that session.

email: obliopokercoach@gmail.com

results:

Before Black Friday, I specialized in 400NL Rush on Full Tilt. Here is a graph of all my 400NL Rush hands (keep in mind the BB/100 is PTBB/100, i.e. 2xbb/100):

And here is a (much more recent) screenshot of my hands since August, which is when I started playing higher stakes on other sites:

2016 results update Here are all the NL hands I've played so far this year (I also play some PLO now, but as of now I'm only coaching NL):

how to get in touch:

If you are interested and/or have any questions, please get in touch!:

email: obliopokercoach@gmail.com

gl everyone :)
  • 21 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I have been working with Dustin for couple of months now. I introduced him to PS because I think he is a very very good coach.

I find his sessions well organized with clear topics which I really like because it allows us to go in depth on each topic and not have scattered thoughts about many things at once.

He is very clear and always make sure that his points are understood correctly with in depth explanations. He is calm and sounds like a cool guy which makes me at ease to ask all my silly questions :D

He has also been greatly available between sessions and answers all my questions/gives me his views on hands I send him which is greatly appreciated.

He is very professional and I would def recommend him especially at his current hourly.
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      I have only best things to say about coachings with Dustin.
      I had a couple of them so far and am planning to work with him for a while, he explains everything very clearly and easily to understand, so i think that my game is rally gonna improve much pretty quickly. :f_biggrin:
      And as the previous poster wrote, he spends time between coachings to analize hands that i sent him which is really appreciated. :f_p:
      i would definetly reccomend him for anyone who has trouble of getting better on their own like i did, his coachings are extremely +ev imo!!
      and yea, hopefully in near future i will be able to post before and after coachings graphs. ;)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Thats great to hear, Dustin is definitely one of the good guys.
    • Xessi
      Xessi
      Black
      Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop by quickly and give a short feedback about Dustin's coaching.

So far I ve had two coaching session with him. At the moment I am chasing Supernova therefore I temporarily switched from MTTs to Cashgame and was looking for a coach that could help me stop burning money while grinding.

I am currently playing NL200 Zoom and right away Dustin could point out my (unfortunately) tremendous leaks in cashgame play.
      He helped me to adapt better to the special dynamics of 6max play as well as improve my postflop play right away.

Right after the very first session I felt a lot better on the tables.
      I ve been coaching myself for a while and I can say that from my expierence Dustin is one of the best coaches I ve had so far, not only due to his knowledge of the game, but also with his way of explaining certain strategies and concepts.

Overall I can definately recommend him :)

Cheers
    • instaflip
      instaflip
      Black
      hi all,

his first video here on ps impressed me right away and i really liked Dustin´s approach to the game. after i watched all his vids I thought that it would be cool to work together for some sessions to improve my game. As I saw his hourly which is reaalllly fair for a topcoach it was an easy snapcall and I booked a package of 5 sessions to start with.

by now we´ve had 2 coachings and i can definitely confirm the good things from the previous posts. its fun working with dustin, he is very calm and combined with his huge knowledge every session is super +EV. He explains very well and always makes clear that you really got his point before moving on. overall I feel very comfortable with him as a coach and I plan on working with him on a regular basis for sure.

Originally posted by pleno1
      Dustin is definitely one of the good guys.
      THIS!
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      ok, so i feel a need to share 2 graphs here, one is from last year from when i moved from mt sngs to cash games and yea, i was a bad cash game player, masstabled fr tables coz i was too bad for 6max, just grinded out rakeback on stars... :f_confused: then in november i strated working with dustin, we worked for a couple of months, i have invested quite an amout of $$$ in those coachings and i couldnt be happier that i did it! :f_biggrin: i have to say though that i have to give some credit for my improvement to myself as well, but the fact is that dustin made a pretty good cash game player out of me and i am very very greatful for that! =)

last year:
      [img][IMG]https://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5062/u0bl.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

this year:
      [img][IMG]https://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6834/hfu.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

forgot to mention that i think its needless to say that the coachings already paid for themselfes with me not losing with poor plays on redline too much... :f_p:
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      I just had my first session of private coaching and I chose Oblioo to be my first coach.

Until now I was a slight winner @ 50NL, but definitely felt like there was something wrong with my game and that if I continue playing the same, NL50 or NL100 at max would my ceiling. I lacked ideas where to improve. Even thought that my game is decent. Nonetheless, I was eager to improve and decided that it's enough of learning just on my own, as I am not going anywhere, unfortunately.

I even seriously contemplated if it's even worth spending money for a 90 minute session.

After these 90 minutes of coaching with Dustin all I can say is... Where, for God's sake, have I been before?

I mean, now I'm feeling like a fish playing 50NL. In just an hour and a half he opened my eyes on so many aspects that it's ridiculous! I even told him that it will take me months of practice to implement what we have gone through in one session.

Dustin is a very good teacher. He explains his points very clearly, he's very consistent, makes ideas easy to get while being calm and cool. Just the type of teacher I was looking for. Everything on his part was, let's put it this way, done professionally. You simply don't regret that you paid him.

I can definitely recommend Dustin to everyone who wants to make a step forward out of the comfort zone. If you feel that even though you (think) are working hard and improving, but not getting the results, or if you simply don't know what is wrong with your game, contact Oblioo.

Session with him was my biggest step towards playing better poker this year. And it only lasted 90 minutes. So if you can afford it, don't waste your time like I did.

By the way, I strongly advice to have a pen and some paper by your side when doing the session. Or even record it. It just would be impossible to remember everything you go through. And you definitely want to make the most of your session of private coaching.

So yeah, I really recommend Oblioo to virtually any micro-small stakes cashgame player. He is really good, from every aspect possible.

:s_thumbsup:
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for the sweet review Em/Pkrpains (and everyone else), and sick improvement pericas :]
    • Disconow
      Disconow
      Basic
      I'd definately consider appointing you as my coach.
      great that you have rush experience, as I play FR zoom only.
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      This might seem fake but I promise it's not. A student of mine who plays mid-high stakes just sent me this graph:

:) :s_biggrin: :) :s_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Wow!
    • patuxz
      patuxz
      Platinum
      are you still active with coaching?
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Yes I am, feel free to get in touch :)
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi there!

oblioo, could you update with some of your more recent results? i don't doubt you're still crushing, but your FTP Rush graph is kinda rusty! Ty =)
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Well I only have like 20k hands or so of NL in my most recent database: I was having trouble with tracking/PT4 and it missed a bunch of hands, plus I've been playing more PLO (which I don't coach), plus I haven't been playing very high volume for the past few months. I know it's not really a relevant sample but since you asked, this is all my tracked 400nl through 1knl hands since february:

• oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Update: Due to having some extra time and the limited amount of games I can currently play from the states, I have temporarily reduced my coaching price by $50/hr! Now only charging $150/hr for a single 90 minute session, or $125/hr for a 5 session package. Get in touch via skype to book: andthefurniture

cheers :)

EDIT: THIS DEAL HAS EXPIRED. PLEASE SEE MY ORIGINAL POST FOR PRICING.
    • Ivannnx
      Ivannnx
      Bronze
      nice!
    • JohnyC1337
      JohnyC1337
      Bronze
      is the offer still on? If so can you provide some actuall results with sites where it was played on?
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      Here are all my NL hands played this year (2016):

My offer of $150/hr when you buy a package still stands, thanks for asking :)