This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Top Two Pair x Set

• boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 296.6 BB
      BB: 103.8 BB
      UTG: 76 BB
      Hero (MP): 106 BB
      CO: 52.6 BB
      BTN: 37.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:club: A:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 4.6 BB, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:club: A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, SB calls 8 BB

Turn: ($1.40, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 18 BB, SB raises to 65 BB, Hero raises to 93 BB and is all-in, SB calls 28 BB

River: ($10.70, 2 players) 3:spade:

In a board like this, the only hands that could have me beat were 22 and 77. Due to the big raise I thought this was a semi-bluff on a flush draw (maybe a value on A7, even though rarely), so I shoved.

Was that correct or overboard?
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      villain can show up here with A2/A7 as well as 22/77.
      judging by villain's turn raise sizing i would weight his hand more towards a value range as i feel draws would just check/call or check/shove it in.

i still probably end it getting it in here anyways though
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Some info on villain would be nice, so we can know a bit more about his calling range from the SB.

Board 2 :diamond: 7 :club: A :spade: K :spade:

Hero A :diamond: K :club: 64%
      Villain 77,22,AKs,A7s,A2s,QsJs,AKo,A7o,A2o 36%

That's quite a generous range vs witch you`re ok, but i think this spot is actually really close and it depends on the villain... if villain is a nit he`s never calling PF with A2,A7 maybe not even QJs so his range got pretty much only sets, and although it sucks hards vs a nit i would fold the turn. Vs fish you can call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello boozaf,

Would be nice if you wouldn't use different style for Pot size + Betting types. :D Difficult to read the bet sizes.

Though the question is really against what kind of player we are? If we are against a decent player we might not even see many A2/A7 holdings and therefore should really ask how many hands we have beat. So however you saw the opponent according to that we act, his line obviously ain't a bluff.

Best Regards.