SB: 296.6 BB
      BB: 103.8 BB
      UTG: 76 BB
      Hero (MP): 106 BB
      CO: 52.6 BB
      BTN: 37.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:club: A:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 4.6 BB, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:club: A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, SB calls 8 BB

Turn: ($1.40, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 18 BB, SB raises to 65 BB, Hero raises to 93 BB and is all-in, SB calls 28 BB

River: ($10.70, 2 players) 3:spade:

In a board like this, the only hands that could have me beat were 22 and 77. Due to the big raise I thought this was a semi-bluff on a flush draw (maybe a value on A7, even though rarely), so I shoved.

Was that correct or overboard?
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      villain can show up here with A2/A7 as well as 22/77.
      judging by villain's turn raise sizing i would weight his hand more towards a value range as i feel draws would just check/call or check/shove it in.

i still probably end it getting it in here anyways though
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Some info on villain would be nice, so we can know a bit more about his calling range from the SB.

Board 2 :diamond: 7 :club: A :spade: K :spade:

Hero A :diamond: K :club: 64%
      Villain 77,22,AKs,A7s,A2s,QsJs,AKo,A7o,A2o 36%

That's quite a generous range vs witch you`re ok, but i think this spot is actually really close and it depends on the villain... if villain is a nit he`s never calling PF with A2,A7 maybe not even QJs so his range got pretty much only sets, and although it sucks hards vs a nit i would fold the turn. Vs fish you can call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello boozaf,

Would be nice if you wouldn't use different style for Pot size + Betting types. :D Difficult to read the bet sizes.

Though the question is really against what kind of player we are? If we are against a decent player we might not even see many A2/A7 holdings and therefore should really ask how many hands we have beat. So however you saw the opponent according to that we act, his line obviously ain't a bluff.

Best Regards.