I can't have any profit

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I had a bit of profit on the beginning (like $5) but I think it was just an upswing... Then I was break-even like 1 week and now I'm losing money, not even break-even... I've been using ICM trainer and Sng wiz, but I always have leaks in my game. I read all the strategies, I post hands and see all the hands posted, but I still get no profit :\ What should I do, should I just go back to cash games?
  • 2 replies
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      It is up to you, for sure, but I think it can help. I had the same situation, I was playing at Titan and after a nice upswing everything just went down.
      That's where I found PS and started to play limit at Mansion, with 50$ starting bankroll. I have even deposited 50$ of my own later. I went up to 180$+ but then started to make mistakes and got bad luck, so I was back to 85$.
      Because of that and because I want to get to 1000mansion points, which is very hard to do (you need that to be able to cash out - very funny) I switched back to SNGs.
      I have read a lot of materials on SNGs, at PS and elsewere, and I found that for my opinion PS strategy is a little bit too tight in a midle stage. I had problems finishing 5th or 4th too many times, so I'm playing a little more loose in a midle stage, trying to accumulate chips step by step.
      I'm also not giving up even if I'm the smallest stack - for example, I've just played one SNG with a lot of TAs. I was down to 600+ chips at 150/300 level with 6 other players left - not very promissing. But trying to concentrate on players and playing my best strategy I could I've managed to win the tourney.
      I've also found that I'm doing my best playing just one table at a time. Most people would say it's boring, but that allows me to concentrate on play and players, not making quick moves.

Curently my ITM% is 48% and ROI is 14%. I'm finishing 3rd too many times, beeing too impatient, which I need to improove.

That's my strategy - hope you can use some advice.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Well actually I'm waiting for PS to send the money on my TAF account to my poker account, so I can start with BSS... But I don't want to quit SnG's atleast until I know I can beat these low limits, that would make me a loser and a quitter.

About the strategy, I do the same as you Samo, I only play 1 SnG at a time so I can figure out betting patterns and concentrate more on the game, although on the last 3 SnGs I played with 2 at the same time and it's almost the same thing. I can always check hand history if I couldn't catch how some player played his hand. Usually when I get to ITM I get to 2nd place, in heads-up I always lose, lack of practice I guess... On these last 4 SnGs I got to 3rd in 2, but I made some errors and was very unlucky on some hands(like QQ vs JJ vs 55 - 5 on the flop) and A8o vs Q3o - straight on the flop.

What bores me is that I always have leaks on my game, no matter how hard I try not to, and usually I get out of SnGs because of them. I think I'll just keep posting hands, training ICM(which is probably when I make most mistakes) and playing...