[NL2-NL10] Forum alive?

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Is this forum alive?

Sure, there are plenty of hands to evaluate, I understand that, but I'm asking if it is worth the effort posting here.

/**/

Villain is taggy, and very aggressive on the flop. (He likes to reraise my check-raises. Preposterous.)

Microgaming - £0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: £3.95
      UTG: £6.73
      Hero (CO): £4.06
      BTN: £3.94
      SB: £4.00

SB posts SB £0.02, BB posts BB £0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.06) Hero has 9:heart: 9:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to £0.16, BTN calls £0.16, fold, BB raises to £0.52, Hero calls £0.36, fold

Flop: (£1.22, 2 players) J:spade: 3:heart: 8:diamond:
      BB bets £0.60, Hero calls £0.60

Turn: (£2.42, 2 players) T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (£2.42, 2 players) 2:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows K:diamond: A:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 45%, Flop 26%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows 9:heart: 9:diamond: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 55%, Flop 74%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins £2.32

Turn play?

My own thoughts follow below.

On the turn, I figure (now, after the event, thinking more clearly) that I am generally ahead when he checks. A big part of his range that I beat is AK/AQ. I should really move in here, right?

1.) There is a slim chance that he'd fold the best hand.
      2.) There is a big chance that he'd call with AQ/AK figuring he has up to 10 outs (figuring too I'm bluffing).
      3.) If he is slowplaying, well, I still may have eight to ten outs.
      4.) He can't bluff me off the river.

The virtues of checking is basically pot control. Small hands are for small pots. This is not bad either, but on balance I like moving in better than checking. Deeper stacks->check.

/Johan = :f_confused:
  • 6 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Why would it not be worth the effort? :)
      I'm pretty sure that the reason you feel this way is because it's been a few days since anyone really evaluated alot of hands, but trust me veriz will soon be here and take them all in like one day just be a tad more patient ;)

There are still alot of ppl who come by to discuss hands, sometimes more than other...

Not everyone likes to talk about hands if they think their skill might not be the best to judge the hand, I think :) Maybe it shouldn't be called hand evaluation forum but hand discussion :P

Anyways for your hand, my views.

I'm not sure I quite understand your call here, I assume we do it for set value, on the flop you miss, and you think your still ahead of this villain?
      I'm not to sure about your villain here but I'd think maybe to 4bet him preflop if he plays very very aggressivley.
      Seems to me he gave up on turn why not take a stab?

If you have a hard time against him I'd considder moving tables :P
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze

Why would it not be worth the effort?
      If the hands are evaluated, of course it's worth the effort. If not all hands (like only the most interesting 20%), well, then it wouldn't be worth the effort. I'm only asking. I haven't lurked around in the NL forums much, so I didn't know.

As for the hand; On the flop I have no idea if I'm ahead on that flop. This is why I call, to find out. [Edit: I get 3:1 for a call. I'd call even if told by professionals not to (because they'd be wrong).] A half pot flop c-bet in a 3-bet pot means essentially nothing. As I mentioned, this opponent could be very persistent post-flop. I'd might fold to a second barrel, but perhaps not with that turn card. At least not if we were much deeper.

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hello!

in this forum all hands are eventually evaluated, rest assured. :f_biggrin:
      i am not evaluating for the while because i've been running terrible for this entire month (i'm sure that you can relate :D ) so that may skew post quality.

i'll briefly comment on the hand (not "evaluate" it).
      on the turn both ways look fine, could bet it for protection, or check and try to realize your equity and bluffcatch on rags. that specially applies if you think he may trap c/r you on the turn.

now on "get 3:1 for a call" on the flop, that's not the way you should think about it.
      that would be true if you were assured to see a showdown, but if the opponent barrels often the maths are different.
      can't write more now :f_biggrin:
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      There is absolutely no hurry.

Getting 3:1 ...
      This is, after all, an ingredient in this hand. It's not the only one, but certainly an ingredient I always consider. There is still more than 50 BB's behind. My opponent is not in a very comfortable spot (even though I am a fish) when I call.

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YohanN7,

Of course this forum is alive mate. :P If you would pay attention that most of the hands posted are posted just lately. :D There is just huge amount of hands lately posted and with my moving I have been also quite busy. That's also why we have new help around. :)

Preflop: You should be rather folding here cause you can't really set-mine and the hand might be too weak vs unknown person here.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, we can always take a look here with a Call how he continues on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Tnx judge.