pocket pairs

• houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      Hi,

i have 2 questions about pocket pair 99-22.
      I play NL5 zoom on pokerstars.
      Blinds 0,02/0,05$

1. i raise with pocket pair 0.15$...Guy after me re-raises to 0.45$ sometimes 0.50$-0.55$...We both have full stacks...Its me profitable to call ? It makes a difference when iam in position and when iam not ?

2.in starting hands charts for BSS is written than you fold small pocket pairs in early position and limp in middle possition...I do some quizes for BSS and in quiz is written that you must always open-raises from UTG small pocket pair...Pls tell me what whould i do....Thx a lot
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi houlajk!

I moved your thread to the no limit forums. I'm sure it will get much more attention over here.

1. This is a bit complicated. I think if you both have 15 times the amount that you CAN call. so if he raises to 45c, you'll have to call 30c and 15x30c = $4,5. So if you both $4,5 left in your stacks you can call. Problem is that this isn't a very good strategy imo. Some ppl might say I'm wrong. I just don't really want to play PP OOP in a 3b pot. Because you're going to miss the flop soo often and you'll have to fold. Now in 3b pots you're going to burn money fast this way.

2. It depends a bit what you are playing and how long you play poker.

If you are just starting off you're probably playing full ring. For a beginner in FR I suggest you follow the starting hand charts. This means limping those hands in UTG. If you are more experienced you can just raise these PP when you are more familiar with the game. I've followed the SHC for a long time and it helped me a lot.

Now if you're playing short handed games (6 handed) then limping low PP is a nono. You'll have to open raise these. But again if you are just starting out with poker I suggest that you play FR and stick to the SHC.

NOTE: This is all what I think is best, other ppl might kill me for something I said :f_biggrin:

Best regards

RasTweet
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd say that you can call with 99 on NL5 and go only for set-mining. Opponents don't think there too much and would go broke with TP against your set :p So not bad tactic that way..
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      thx guys a lot