Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 48966
      SB: $10.43 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 54
      BB: $5.01 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 9, AF: 3.5, Hands: 57
      UTG: $5.00 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 2.3, Hands: 135
      CO: $3.02 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 23, 3B: 4, AF: 2.5, Hands: 282

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with Q :spade: K :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30 I steal the blinds relentlessly, so this could easily be a resteal attempt. My plan is to take away the pot postflop

Flop: ($0.92) 8 :club: T :heart: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60 attempting to float. We have GS+backdoor FD in addition

Turn: ($2.12) Q :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35 GS+FD is enough to call, I will only be behind AA with :heart:

River: ($4.82) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.61, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.82
      BB wins $4.62
      (Rake: $0.20)
  • 12 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi,

You know, you don't have that good odds there to call. I think that guys range is formed by made hands like sets and straights on turn. So you don't have nearly that much equity there and you should therefore actually fold it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

To avoid exact spot as you do postflop -> fold preflop mate. :( You see you are just going to lose a lot money in long run.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      I would probably play like you did. If he has something like a set or a Q high flush> you will get payed off quite well if you hit your flush on the river. Also he gives you 1:3 odds which is 'ok' thinking of the implied odds.

OR I would 4bet for fold equity. :D He has quite a high 3bet stat.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Our hands play well in 3b pots even better if it's suited. I am never ever folding to this type of opponent, if his 3b from bb is pretty loose and most people are pretty aggro blind vs btn. TT+,55-22,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KJo,QJo if this is villians 3b range we got 45.04% EQ. And we got position all the way what is awesome!

We can float good textures were he only bets once and then give up with air etc.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What do you think about this Bogdan? I'm curious.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba1,

Considering we have almost no sample with villain we don't really know what he 3-bets and how often. Because of that I am not a big fan of playing in 3-bet pots and guesstimate my way around.

So my preferred line preflop, especially if we think he can bluff a lot, would be to 4-bet bluff to 22-24 BBs (assuming standard 100 bb stacks). Keep in mind that have 2 blockers which helps a lot when 4-bet bluffing.

While I agree with you that our hand may be ahead of some of his 3-bet range we don't know:
      1) What he 3-bets or even be able to estimate with some accuracy
      2) We don't know how he continues postflop (bluffs/value etc)
      3) We don't really flop much equity when we don't hit the board.

As played why not bluff raise the flop if you want to take pots away from him? You can put pressure on all Ax hands (AK, AQ) and other bluffs/small pairs. Getting A high to fold is good since A high is better at this point.

I wouldnt raise turn because that turns our hand into a bluff and chances are he can't fold KK/AA or even AQ anyway.

On the river I'd most likely fold as well because I can't see him bluffing or betting worse.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba1,

Considering we have almost no sample with villain we don't really know what he 3-bets and how often. Because of that I am not a big fan of playing in 3-bet pots and guesstimate my way around.

So my preferred line preflop, especially if we think he can bluff a lot, would be to 4-bet bluff to 22-24 BBs (assuming standard 100 bb stacks). Keep in mind that have 2 blockers which helps a lot when 4-bet bluffing.

While I agree with you that our hand may be ahead of some of his 3-bet range we don't know:
      1) What he 3-bets or even be able to estimate with some accuracy
      2) We don't know how he continues postflop (bluffs/value etc)
      3) We don't really flop much equity when we don't hit the board.

As played why not bluff raise the flop if you want to take pots away from him? You can put pressure on all Ax hands (AK, AQ) and other bluffs/small pairs. Getting A high to fold is good since A high is better at this point.

I wouldnt raise turn because that turns our hand into a bluff and chances are he can't fold KK/AA or even AQ anyway.

On the river I'd most likely fold as well because I can't see him bluffing or betting worse.
      When we 4bet preflop with KQ, against what is a bluff? PPs and Ax are better, so against them, but I think you also mean collecting dead money (we are better then 76s, but it's good if he folds it)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Well you can get better hands to fold if you 4b. And you block his 5b shove range. I do agree that it's better to 4b against pretty much unknows.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze