[NL2-NL10] 66 – Without Initiative | Possible Bluff on Paired Board?

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $2.00
      SB: $1.38
      BB: $3.69
      UTG: $5.04
      MP: $1.65
      CO: $1.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 6:spade: 6:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.16, 3 players) T:diamond: K:heart: T:spade:
      BB checks, CO bets $0.09, Hero?

PF: Simple call for set value, villain has just enough to justify calling.

F: CO is unknown so his range is also unknown, however he will be unlikely to continue unless he has:
      made hands {AA, AK, AT, KJ+, QT, JT, T8+} or maybe with a draw {AJ-AQ, QJ, J9} but most of these draws are unlikely because he will not receive good enough odds.

Both of these types of hands have relatively decent equity against us but we have some potential to bluff then on a later street with a bigger bet.

BB seems like a TAG (18 / 15 / Hands 65) so I doubt he will have the needed Tx hand to continue with.

As a TAG ourselves, we love putting our opponents in tricky spots, especially with position. However, an unknowns range consists mostly broadway hands, so can Hero justify a bluff in this spot?

Also, is this play too advanced for my current level and should I be looking to stick strictly to the strategy to improve other aspects of my game, before finding good opportunities to bluff?
  • 2 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Why not a 3bet preflop? 6Handed a pp like 66 goes up in value. Actually, from a lot of the articles and videos I've read, they say calling pf with a pocket pair for set value is only justifiable in FullRing. With ShortHanded play it is much more profitable to be betting preflop.

As played,
      If your only justification for calling is that you have enough implied odds to hit a set, why are you now valuing your 66 against the flop that matches your opponents likely range?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Raknyo,

Why would you suddenly try to bluff out someone who has half stack? Also you are 3way and there is also the BB to act after you. I mean there are way to many hands that would continue so just leave the pot all and wait for a better spot.

Best regards,