[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: JJ raise pre, bet K high flop and turn, fold river despite good odds

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Here I felt that he could call my flop bet with lower pocket pairs a lot of the time. I bet the turn with the intention of giving up if he called, as I thought I would be behind over 3/4 of the time if he called. The pot odds on the river were better than I had estimated when making my decision on the turn, but I still felt I was behind too often. I suppose he could bluff the river, but only very rarely?
      should I just C/F turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $5.05
      CO: $11.05
      BTN: $8.30
      Hero (SB): $14.50
      BB: $8.70
      UTG: $20.75

Pre-Flop: J:club: J:spade: dealt to Hero (SB)
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.30) 3:heart: 6:diamond: K:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.70) 8:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP calls $1.40

River: ($5.50) 5:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.35 and is All-In, Hero folds

Results: $5.50 Pot ($0.55 Rake)
      MP mucked and WON $4.95 (+$2.25 NET)
  • 5 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      you wont actually see a lot of lower PP calling you on the flop, as the K is a scare card for them and its very possible for your raising range. He may be trying to float you, so check-calling the turn and re-evaluating the river is ok.
      As played, you should have in mind, that if he calls your turnbet, he is commited and will go allin on any river.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      you should have in mind, that if he calls your turnbet, he is commited and will go allin on any river.
      just so I understand: this fact doesn't make it more likely that he has a worse hand, does it?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well he could always have 33 here and hope they are good, but you shouldnt put much hope into it. I dont see any worse hand call your turnbet, making a second barrel really not convinient here.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      the only reason i bet turn was to make him fold. is this - EV?

so, check/call turn is better? i'm not sure what i'd do on the river.

is C/F turn better than betting?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since he is middlestack and pot is almost as big as his stack then I like c/rai on the turn. I could also push but don´t think that worse hands would call my push
      But if he bet with eaker pp then he´d also probably call my shove as he considers himself pot committed.