Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em $0.02 Ante - 3 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $15.22
      BB: $14.74
      Hero (BTN): $10.02

Pre Flop: ($0.21) Hero is BTN with Q :club: A :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.66) T :heart: A :heart: 5 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.46) Q :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.85, SB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.35

River: ($5.86) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.60, Hero folds

This is the second hand I played against this guy. Table is new, previous hand he C/R me SB vs BU on a dry Jhi flop and I folded. (flop $0.66 I bet $0.4 he C/R to $0.9)

On the one hand I am suspicious of him taking a flop C/R and then a C/C C/R line, but on the other I obviously know of the baluga theorem and am unsure whether coming over the top gets any value from worse although that was my first instinct.

In the end I thought I was probably obliged to call the C/R and call a bet on a blank river. As it is the :heart: could be scary enough that he drops enough of his bluffs from his range that makes a fold ok.

Really limited info and a meta-game dynamic i don't think I do very well in. If he hadn't done the C/R in the previous hand I'm likely giving him way more respect I guess.
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well... clearly bet bigger flop and turn? why not?

as played...

baluga is about one pair hands. top two pair does not qualify :P

i think that given the fact that it's 3-handed, dynamics and your tiny turn bet folding should definitely be too weak.
      at nl10 it's more likely that you're dealing with some random aggro than someone in a sick leveling war :f_biggrin:

i don't see he waiting to c/r the turn with 55/AT/A5 (specially given dynamics), so it's rather towards the turn having improved him or picking on your weak sizing.
      hands that improve on the turn are QT, AQ and some KJ.

bluffs could be, well... any random equity? he is probably not moving with total air so it might be hearts or some TJ/QJ type of holding.

so what to do? i dunno, lol -.( ' ~ ' ).-
      i want to ship the turn but i'm afraid that he actually has enough of KJ, don't really think it's a huge mistake for him to c/c it in his spot, specially if having a K.

not marking this as evaluated :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

As Tomaloc pointed out already, Baluga theorem is about TPTK/overpair type of holding and not about 2pair type of holding.

Though what you should be doing here is Bet the flop & turn bigger to protect your hand and get value from worse. With your sizes you also induce bluffs and of course he may also raise there with 2pairs -> 3bet the turn and get it in.

The pot on the river will be anyways ~$6 and if he bets bigger on a blank you still will be almost putting your whole stack into the pot. So which equals practically the same as getting it in on the turn.

Best Regards.