EDGE vs PS

• zeezeeflop
      zeezeeflop
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I can't get my head around the Edge system on FTP.
      I am trying to work out which is better in terms of RB - the edge system or pokerstars for someone who is gold star - looking for platinum in the future?

Thanks
  • 13 replies
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      platinum on stars ir ~23-25%
      fi you rake same on FTP its diamond status and its 25% weekly + cash you can buy with ftp points
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      If you're earning points to be on that top level of rakeback on edge then you're also earning enough points to buy plenty of ring game tickets, tourney entry tickets for some big tourneys. Probably FT in my opinion, but I love FT software and have never really been a fan of pokerstars to be honest.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      How in the earth you get that low for platinum at Stars?

2,5x FPP multiplier. So you get 7VPP per raked dollar. That is 17,5FPP's. You can convert it about 0,015 rate which means that for every dollar you get 27% back. In top of that you get Stellars which are about 10% or little less, I can't remember. So we are talking about 35-40% depending if you use platinum only tournaments or not.
    • zeezeeflop
      zeezeeflop
      Bronze
      does the FDB at FTP stack on top of the edge system?
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Though this new system seems to have fked up RB levels, I like that it's easier to understand. Moving to FT full time in Jan and can't wait :)
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Impact on your winrate is not only rake back, but also how much rake % you pay on that limit. There are some analysis made around on net, so it is just a quick info (I guess I'm not allowed to post direct links).

Stars is a bit better for limits NL25 and below. Above NL25 and until one can reach SN it is somehow the same Stars or FT (like 1% deviation on different monthly rake amount). This is basic bottom line and should be quite accurate.
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      How in the earth you get that low for platinum at Stars?

2,5x FPP multiplier. So you get 7VPP per raked dollar. That is 17,5FPP's. You can convert it about 0,015 rate which means that for every dollar you get 27% back. In top of that you get Stellars which are about 10% or little less, I can't remember. So we are talking about 35-40% depending if you use platinum only tournaments or not.
      You get 5.5 VPPs per 1$, also fpp rate u are using is supernovas bonus, we are speaking about platinum.
      For example raking 1384$ is platinum - 7612 VPPs, 19030 FPPs if you are already platinum.
      You get 0.0129 $ per fpp = 245$ (platinum 200$ bonus for 15400 fpps)
      + stellars, 100$ = 10k vpps
      7612vpps = 76$

You rake 1384$ and get back 321$ = 23%

Im speaking about just cash reward, with tournaments and if you play sattalites for fpps its obv more %(still no more than 30-31%) but again its time consuming, with solid hourly its just not worth it.
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Daun666 got it all right:

imo if you can grind to SN, go stars. Otherwise, go FTP.
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zeezeeflop
      Hey,
      I can't get my head around the Edge system on FTP.
      I am trying to work out which is better in terms of RB - the edge system or pokerstars for someone who is gold star - looking for platinum in the future?

Thanks
      Pokerstars is much better. The RB is almost the same but it doesn't matter. If you play cash the rake at PS is much lower than FTP. For NL50 players and lower there is no possible discussion, stars win.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Actually platinum on stars gives you 22-24% RB depending if your playing FR or SH +7%-11% in stellar rewards so anywhere from 29-35& rakeback. So its pretty much the same as FTP. If you can reach SN or SNE then your better off on stars.

But rakeback alone isn't all that important, you have to consider the base rake as well as the softness of the games. All those things have an impact on your hourly.
    • trylobit
      trylobit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Actually platinum on stars gives you 22-24% RB depending if your playing FR or SH +7%-11% in stellar rewards so anywhere from 29-35& rakeback. So its pretty much the same as FTP. If you can reach SN or SNE then your better off on stars.

But rakeback alone isn't all that important, you have to consider the base rake as well as the softness of the games. All those things have an impact on your hourly.
      What do you think about FTP vs PS softness of the games? Is it true that FTP now is a reg fest?
      I am asking about NL50 NL100 stakes.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

I think your calcs are incomplete.. I mean, Platinum gives that if you get max return on FPPs which means tourney tickets not cash bonuses, because cash bonuses offer a bad exchange rate. Imo, SN does give you better than EDGE or becomes really close... 200k VPP Supernova should make it clear victory for Stars though, especially since Stars rake is a bit lower as well. To me it seems Stars is for medium to high volume/rakers and FTP is for lower or medium volume.
    • Iwantunow
      Iwantunow
      Bronze
      ~22% with platinum was before they introduced stellar rewards so ~28% is correct

yea 50 and 100nl is a regfest on ftp, im getting 60-70% rb there right now so its ok to play but after the bonus Im done there...