MP+1: 131.6 BB
      Hero (CO): 167 BB
      BTN: 77.8 BB
      SB: 95.4 BB
      BB: 118.6 BB
      UTG: 80 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls 4 BB

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) K:heart: 4:club: T:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 7 BB, UTG+1 calls 7 BB

Turn: ($1.27, 2 players) 6:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 16 BB, UTG+1 calls 16 BB

River: ($2.87, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Being such a rock as it's shown (VP 17 / 0 PR in a 300 sample), I guessed he had a set from calling the flop; despite my guess and with top pair+nut flush draw, I bet the turn (which pretty much confirmed me the set guessing after he called). Then I checked behind on the river knowing I was beat.

My question is: villain being a rock, is there any other hand that he could have with which he would call the flop and from which I could extract value on the river if my flush comes? This is the first time I'm saying this, but I THINK I played the best possible way this time. :s_biggrin:

Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      im really confused by this hand. if you think villain has a basically only sets on flop why do you bet the turn? why not just check back and realize our equity rather then potentially getting check/jammed on by villain.

as played i think it is decent. its possible villain can have KQ/KJ/QJ in this spot, however i see no reason to bet river
    • veriz
      Hello boozaf,

If you assume he has a set on the flop then Check behind the turn and avoid Check/Raise cause then you wont be able to Call. Though as he has worse hands in his range and maybe even draws we Bet the turn and most likely plan to Check behind the river if we assume he ain't paying with worse.

Best Regards.