[NL2-NL10] Some hands I have questions w..

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      I am a BSS player and wanted to switch to MSS(atleast until I get mo re exp and be better on board/opp reading) was reading articles and got this very questionable hand for me..

MSS NOTES:

Hero stack is $4.00
      .05/.10 9 Players
      MP1 limps
      all folded
      Hero(BB): dealt AsJc raise to $0.40 w $3.60
      MP1 calls

Flop
      6sJh3c

Pot: $0.95
      Hero Bets $0.70($2.80 left)
      MP1 calls

Turn Kd

Pot: $2.35
      Hero checks
      MP1 checks

River 7d

Hero checks
      MP1 checks..

the River check I understand..
      but why in the hell are you not going to double here? yes we no longer have top pair but he can def have a lot of weaker holdings like small PP or even weaker Jx or even 6x type of hands.. so checking can lead this hands to bluffing.. and when they bet what are we going to do.. I honestly find it to weak maybe bec I havent fully understand the strategy yet.. but I cant move on without understanding this play here... thanks
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Hey,

imo it's article for begginers, who haven't played any serious poker before. If you told them to bet there, they might overplay those hands without deeper thinking. You won't make much mistakes with c/f as opponents on lower limits are generally passive and won't turn weaker hands into a bluff too often.

The turn play mostly depends on our opponent. If you think your opponent is loose enough to call worse, then go ahead and bet.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

imo it's article for begginers, who haven't played any serious poker before. If you told them to bet there, they might overplay those hands without deeper thinking. You won't make much mistakes with c/f as opponents on lower limits are generally passive and won't turn weaker hands into a bluff too often.

The turn play mostly depends on our opponent. If you think your opponent is loose enough to call worse, then go ahead and bet.
      You can bet very often on the Turn again, but for the Beginner who never played Poker before it is better to teach them not to bluff.
      It is easier and cheaper to tell them after that in which situations they can bluff instead of telling them behind that the bluff was burning money.