Lithuanian Open 2012 Championship (Live Event) by Bigniux

• Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello,

Schedule/Results

Finally the series are about to start, just 8 hours until first event kicks off. The High Roller will have awesome structure. 30,000 starting stack and 60min blinds levels(starting at 50/100). Should be some really interesting poker. Live updates on my twitter!
  • 13 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

so unfortunately i didn't cash in the High Roller event. Only 8 players came to play which is quite annoying(and we had only 1 fish :( ). However, we had a really great game. I was playing really well and made very few smallish mistakes.

I busted in 5th place after more than 7 hours of play. Ran really cold for the last 1-1.5 hours, was barely picking up any chips and finally ended up 4bet jamming ~24bbs with TT from UTG(HJ actually, given that we were 5handed) vs SBs 3bet, he snapped with QQ and held up :(

Anyway, feeling really confident about my game and i'm expecting to do better in further events as they will be quite soft (variance, no bitching please! ) :f_biggrin:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hello,

played #2 Event today, which was 200 Lt Turbo 1R. Used rebuy at the start. Been doing well until final table. One bluff didn't go through on FT bubble which was a bit costly, but pretty decent spot vs river block bet (good hand read, wasn't expecting a call tho obv). Then, doubled up with AKs vs 88 right before going to FT (there was all-in on the other table as well and the guy busted). Got there with 32bbs and haven't been dealt into playable spot for first 3 orbits, then picked up TT and had to get it in vs 17bb stack, who showed up with AA and won. Down to 6bbs and the very next hand after TT i get dealt KK, guy in front of me ships and i obv call, vs A9 and he flops two pair (with the last A in the deck as two guys folded Ax hands lol). Unfortunate, but that's how it goes in poker :(

Next up is cheapish rebuy. I have included 4 rebuys + 1 add-on in the stake, if i'll need more, then that goes out of my pocket :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey,

some good news. Finally managed to cash in a tournament. I have used up all rebuys and add-on and after 9 hours of play busted in 3rd place :( Unfortunate, was offered a deal, but had to reject, cause there was one weak guy (if he busted would have made a deal with the other guy). He sucked out on me once when i picked up 99 in BB and he shipped 13bbs with K7s and spiked a K on turn :( stakcs were fairly shallow at that point, only 54bbs were in play (so 18bbs avg). Later on i ran quite well, as i've been showing a lot and didn't get a call until finally reg picked up KJs when i shipped Q9o with 9bbs from BU and he held up. Lil bit annoying obv, as the payout jumps were significant (1st place got almost 3 times more than i did). But thats's how it goes, ain't as bad as it was yesterday :)
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Congrats for the cash mate:)
      How many events left? How much up/down are we now?

I hope you are having a great time man!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArcEgkaLQwrudHc2V2w1aktIOVRlei1xM0NOeUYtMWc&pli=1#gid=1

all results are in the link above :)

we've got 4 events remaining :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Had a fairly strange run in today's 400 Lt Re-Entry. Basically almost didn't have any spots where i could play for small pots. I was either missing completely and couldn't do anything as the pot was multiway (or the board super bad), or i was hitting super strong (flopped set or better 4 times in first 2 hours out of 5 possibilities :f_biggrin: ). And later on didn't have any spots until got into push fold mode. However it was going pretty good at first and i managed to more than double my stack without showdowns until finally rejammed 55 and ran into QQ, no more sets on the flop :f_biggrin: finished 11th and haven't used any re-entrys so as i included two re-entries in the package, they both go into refunds (including MU).

Tomorrow 6max FO is coming up. Fairly decent structure, should be fun! :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Field in 6max was quite tough. Was doing ok in my first table, but things turned around quite quick once i got moved to another tab and i busted in like 3-4 orbits there :(

Playing PLO events today/tomorrow on my own money and the next event under stake will take place on Saturday, the 1,500Lt Main Event!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Sigh, quite unfortunate run at the series. Played well today at the main event, had amazing table with only 2-3 decent guys (some busted, some got moved to the table). Finished at the end of level 10. Lost fairly big pot right before blinds went up and was left with only 20bbs in new level. Been in push/fold mode for 30 mins until SB jammed onto my BB when i had 15bbs and A4s, he showed K8o and hit runner runner straight vs mine flopped FD, which obv sucks, but that's poker.

I'm yet unsure if i'm gonna play the last event. The week has been really exhausting as i have been playing every single day for 5-8 hours, which isn't all that easy and so i'd like to finally relax a bit, but we'll see. If i don't come up with any cool plans for the night, then will play the event and hopefully make some money (pretty sure that 1st place won't be big enough to cover the current loss of the stake, but obv, close to b/e is better than what we have now :) )
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      if you feel you played your best, thats enough for me :)

better luck next time!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      I definitely played really well :) There were few small mistakes, but overall i think it was my best performance in live games :)
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      That's what counts :)
      Are you playing the event today?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yea, i realized that i have to play it because there's some prize for the person who makes the most final tables and so far me and one other guy are leading with 5 FTs (FTed both PLO events), so can't give up now and give him the chance to win it :)

There also is another ranking where ppl get points for their finishing positions (amount of points depends on entrants and prizepool) and first place will be the Champion, had the chance to win it if i had finished 6th or better in ME, but still happy to be in top 5 in my first championship :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Didn't run well in the last event :( It was really small anyway, first place ~$650 :D finished 8th which gave me most FTs for which i will get poker chip set :f_biggrin:

Have sent the money (what's left of it), hopefully next time we'll have solid results :)