MTT -when will ps come out talkin strategy?

• damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      have been studying and enjoying playing mtts for a long while now...
      sure we can buy books and other sources...
      but to be honest id like to see a silver,gold mtt strategy....i think their is such an infinate number of thinGs to consider...that it would be beneficial:)
  • 11 replies
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      look around on the net and you will find a few good ones that split it up to stages

Good sng players know how to change gears and MTT is all about it , knowing when to steal / make moves , and for sng players the final table will be the easiest part to play & know how to take it down
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by curnow
      look around on the net and you will find a few good ones that split it up to stages

Good sng players know how to change gears and MTT is all about it , knowing when to steal / make moves , and for sng players the final table will be the easiest part to play & know how to take it down
      I think you are right for good SNG players it is easy ones you have hit the final table ... ehh the only problem then is getting there ;)
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion

I think you are right for good SNG players it is easy ones you have hit the final table ... ehh the only problem then is getting there ;)
      Manage to take one down last week from a field of 1097 players for 2.3K

The Mid section when blinds starts to go up high was when use to find hardest point because would end up being blinded away

Now tend to try to build stack early and find this helps not only with being card dead but with being able to steal a lot more and at least try to maintain stack

Pre & post bubble still seem to play it bad & only when the game tightens up do I find being able to get back into it and things can change so quick in holdem like in the game last week when went from short stack with 2 BB to chip leader in 17 hands
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'd like to see some MTT articles too :) Ive made a few final tables and they're not too hard once u get there (as long as you're not really shortstacked), but thats my trouble lately, can barely make it past the bubble when I make do make ITM.

Besides not gettin sucked out on when I'm a big favourite I would like some tips to help keep me interested when its so far from ITM, help with my patience when I'm card dead and some more steal/resteal charts for when the ante's kick in n its pretty important to maintain ur stack.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      But what do you think are good oppertunaties to steal because most people tend to call a lot :O

and btw congratz on the big win that couldn't been easy not even when running hawt :D
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      But what do you think are good oppertunaties to steal because most people tend to call a lot :O

and btw congratz on the big win that couldn't been easy not even when running hawt :D
      a old pro in the UK Malcolm ( the rock ) Harwood told us that in these MTT sit tight even when short stack because it dont take much to double up and end up average stack and the advantage of this comes a table image that you always got a hand when raising & they will only call then they got a hand

one other thing when the blinds get a lot higher , the raises dont have to be so much preflop , where to start with normaly raise 4BB but with higher blinds tend to raise 2.5/3BB and with tight image can get away with 2BB

Just take note of players that look weak that are particulary to your left and even if you got big stacks around you , look for them to double you up

The 10K guaranteed on Titan ( $11) has been good for me this year with 1st & 2nd but hate the lower buy-in on Titan as they are to much like lotto and dont play them ,
    • newton15
      newton15
      Bronze

a old pro in the UK Malcolm ( the rock ) Harwood told us that in these MTT sit tight even when short stack because it dont take much to double up and end up average stack and the advantage of this comes a table image that you always got a hand when raising & they will only call then they got a hand

one other thing when the blinds get a lot higher , the raises dont have to be so much preflop , where to start with normaly raise 4BB but with higher blinds tend to raise 2.5/3BB and with tight image can get away with 2BB

Just take note of players that look weak that are particulary to your left and even if you got big stacks around you , look for them to double you up

The 10K guaranteed on Titan ( $11) has been good for me this year with 1st & 2nd but hate the lower buy-in on Titan as they are to much like lotto and dont play them ,
      Tell me about it, I just can't get to see anything cause so many people are calling all-in pre-flop with nothing cards. Do many still do it on the $11 entry?
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by newton15

Tell me about it, I just can't get to see anything cause so many people are calling all-in pre-flop with nothing cards. Do many still do it on the $11 entry?
      They are better but the early stages can be bit like it but still good way to get chips , I play the 6K ( $33) one and it's a lot better but they are still loose

Still prefer the MTT on Ipoker over most poker sites
    • newton15
      newton15
      Bronze
      If I can make $11 on the rings tomorrow, I might consider a gander. $1 down, $10 to go :)
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by newton15
      If I can make $11 on the rings tomorrow, I might consider a gander. $1 down, $10 to go :)
      few things about this game

normaly over 1000 players and by the second break you should be in the money and takes about 5 hours total to finish

the game is still loose in first few levels but with big pairs it gives you chance to get some chips & in position tend to increase range a bit to hands that will pay you off if you hit the flop big , if you can get chips early it will make the game so much easier when the blinds increase but its not important , just try not to get to low before making move ( ie 6-10BB )

before the bubble the game tightens up a lot and this gives you chance to steal and after the bubble the game becomes very loose and easy to go out and not untill about 60 players left does it tighten up again

Just about your Bankroll , normaly like 100 buy-ins but dont blame anyone for taking shoot if you make some cash , but if your Br is lower , try to make the money & play tight until the money builds up or you are short stack with under 10BB
    • newton15
      newton15
      Bronze
      I made the final table once and that was about 4 hours of play.

I think I got to the first $10 bonus today as well, so that'll be my reward.

Thanks.