UTG: $18.40 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 6.6, Hands: 18905
      MP: $34.77 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 9, 3B: 3, AF: 3.1, Hands: 520
      CO: $50.00 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 8, AF: 3.0, Hands: 51
      BTN: $50.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 1, AF: 10.0, Hands: 197
      SB: $15.75 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 9, 3B: 13, AF: 0.0, Hands: 45
      Hero (BB): $55.00 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 28, 3B: 11, AF: 15.0, Hands: 128

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :diamond: 5 :diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 3 :club: 9 :spade: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.54, Hero calls $1.54

Turn: ($6.33) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($6.33) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Dont really like the way I played the hand. Since I 3bet him already an orbit ago only in COvsBB situation would go again for a 3bet? I was an active player at the table so thought I might see a light 4bet.
      Postflop would you go for a X/R? I dont know his barreling tendencies
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Why is Check/Raising better here than Check/Calling? And what was your plan with the calling preflop if you rather have little information on him, just that he is more towards aggressive player.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Why is Check/Raising better here than Check/Calling? And what was your plan with the calling preflop if you rather have little information on him, just that he is more towards aggressive player.

Best Regards.
      Well the problem was since he seems aggro and I m active I thought 3bet does make much sense since I expected a 4bet or a float. Didnt rate my FE that high. On the other hand I thought that this hand doesnt play that bad against his BTN stealing range.
      Well not only X/R, I was considering donking and X/C. I know he is aggro but I dont know his barreling tendencies and sure X/C is gonna be the safest option but there are so many cards that we dont wanna see on the turn. X/R gives us protection and still some value against draws.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Well the problem was since he seems aggro and I m active I thought 3bet does make much sense since I expected a 4bet or a float. Didnt rate my FE that high. On the other hand I thought that this hand doesnt play that bad against his BTN stealing range.
      Well not only X/R, I was considering donking and X/C. I know he is aggro but I dont know his barreling tendencies and sure X/C is gonna be the safest option but there are so many cards that we dont wanna see on the turn. X/R gives us protection and still some value against draws.
      Uh, so much unclear thoughts. In total didn't really understand what you wanted to say. :D

You said that he is aggressive so what are you trying to represent with the Check/Raise? You don't have that much to represent and if he understands that as well he can easily just 3bet and expect to have decent fold equity against you. At the same time as well just value-town yourself vs better hands.

Even if he has FD he will still have very good equity against your 5x and being IP clearly maybe even playing for him will be more profitable.